Page 109 of 300 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2997

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    7.84 miles, 2,569 feet, 2 hours 24 minutes: Wansfell Pike via Blue Hill Woods and most of the non road section of the race route both ways - and a bit. Intermittent cold showers - all over lightweight waterproofs were most welcome. Slippery underfoot. Lots on the main paths.
    Last edited by Mike T; 01-10-2020 at 06:12 PM.

No running today. I just fancied a walk and a reflective pace.

Kirkby Stephen to the Hartley path over Frank's Bridge, swinging right (west) and headed through the alder bordered fields to the Poetry Walk, following the hazel wooded path all the way to Nateby.

Joined the bridleway behind the Black Bull pub at Nateby, and strolled down to the swollen River Eden and then over to the castellated Wharton Hall access road. Into the field behind, with the Ancient Oak and then more bridle way to Bullgill House, where I joined the Yomp Route, which I followed, along the ascending ridge to the summit of Wildboar fell, with expansive views into the lonely Mallerstang Valley on my left.

Not a soul seen after leaving the environs of Kirkby, just me, a redkite, and a smattering of fell ponies. Sat in the sunshine on the summit shelter with views to the nearby Howgill and further a field to Ingleborough, Mickle Fell, Crossfell, the central Lakes's Silhouette, and around to see the sun glinting on Morecambe Bay.

A flask of coffee and a Soreen bar in restful solitude. Headed back, with the setting sun warming my neck and lighting up the fell grass all around, making a detour to visit the ruins of Lammerside Castle. Sauntered back to the car via a very quiet Kirby Stephen high street.

17.6 miles, 2493 feet. Bliss.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    9.94 miles, 3,038 feet, 2 hours 43 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Patchy sunshine, cool breeze, but not cold, vest "only", a few slippery patches but much better than it was yesterday. Quite a few about - getting in some exercise before the rain.

Master
    7.26 miles, 2,490 feet, 2 hours 4 minutes: Wansfell Pike via the steps, down the other side, up again, and down next to the steps. Light rain throughout, so OMM waterproofs top and bottom. Slippery underfoot. Quite a few about given the conditions and the forecast.

Master
    8.42 miles, 2,858 feet, 2 hours 40 minutes: Wansfell Pike and about. Warm sun, cool breeze, perfect vest weather. Ground slippery again. Lots on the main paths.

Master
    5.56 miles, 2,018 feet, 1 hour 46 minutes: Wansfell Pike again - still trying to find the best non race route descent - next to but not on the steps, apart from one short section. Vest weather continues - it is lovely in the sun but it is losing its strength and its Vitamin D generating capacity.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    No running today. I just fancied a walk and a reflective pace.

Kirkby Stephen to the Hartley path over Frank's Bridge, swinging right (west) and headed through the alder bordered fields to the Poetry Walk, following the hazel wooded path all the way to Nateby.

Joined the bridleway behind the Black Bull pub at Nateby, and strolled down to the swollen River Eden and then over to the castellated Wharton Hall access road. Into the field behind, with the Ancient Oak and then more bridle way to Bullgill House, where I joined the Yomp Route, which I followed, along the ascending ridge to the summit of Wildboar fell, with expansive views into the lonely Mallerstang Valley on my left.

Not a soul seen after leaving the environs of Kirkby, just me, a redkite, and a smattering of fell ponies. Sat in the sunshine on the summit shelter with views to the nearby Howgill and further a field to Ingleborough, Mickle Fell, Crossfell, the central Lakes's Silhouette, and around to see the sun glinting on Morecambe Bay.

A flask of coffee and a Soreen bar in restful solitude. Headed back, with the setting sun warming my neck and lighting up the fell grass all around, making a detour to visit the ruins of Lammerside Castle. Sauntered back to the car via a very quiet Kirby Stephen high street.

17.6 miles, 2493 feet. Bliss.
    Bliss, indeed. Thanks for posting.
    Hope to be out that way in a couple of weeks.

Master
    11.86 miles, 3,159 feet, 3 hours 18 minutes: Clappersgate - Fishgarths Wood - Loughrigg - Silver Howe - and back the same way. Intermittent light showers - waterproof top was on/off over vest several times. Slippery underfoot. A few about, but easy to avoid.

Master
    13.39 miles, 3,694 feet, 3 hours 42 minutes: Fairfield Horseshoe clockwise. Cold wind and persistent drizzle when I started, bright sunshine for the last hour or so. Jolly cold on the tops; terrain is the wettest it has been this year. A few about - more than I expected given the conditions.

Master
    12.24 miles, 3,428 feet, 3 hours 15 minutes: Low/High Pike - Dove Crag - Scandale - Red Screes - Roundhill farm. Back to vest conditions. Still very wet underfoot. Quite a few about, but fewer than I was expecting given the sunshine and superb views.