Page 116 of 304 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 3031

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

I’m definitely a right of the waller on the descent; just a beautifully fast and grassy run down, maybe one of the best in the Lakes in fact, with only two or three rocky/steep pinch points

So running back down to Horton from my crack of dawn trot up Penyghent this morning, there were a few early starting walkers that I passed on the way up (probably all three peaking). With the restriction of not meeting more than one other person outdoors in place, it’s difficult to work out how one group of four and two other groups of three actually fit with that; they were all similar ages and looked groups of friends to me.... but I guess they could all have coincidentally been siblings?

To be fair out of doors I can see why they are feeling quite relaxed. It does show this time round that everyone is a bit more inclined to modify lockdown to suit their take on things

I also passed one occupied camper van in the lay-by at 6:20 am on the way up. Which is probably taking the piss a bit too

I was on the train this morning. First Class carriage, only person in the entire carriage.... yet was moved by the guard to a "safer seat".

Then walked down the road past a factory and about 10 blokes all huddled together in a shelter smoking.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post

Then walked down the road past a factory and about 10 blokes all huddled together in a shelter smoking.
    So how many will die of Covid, and how many from lung cancer?
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

[QUOTE=Travs;669362]I was on the train this morning. First Class carriage, only person in the entire carriage.... yet was moved by the guard to a "safer seat".

You had obviously forgotten your bowler hat, brolley and briefcase this morning, Travs!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    13.37 miles, 3,825 feet, 3 hours 36 minutes: Fairfield anti-clockwise. Sunshine/clouds/the odd shower/extremely strong cold wind on the tops. Saw about a dozen others on the fell, including several other fell runners, one wearing shorts.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    So how many will die of Covid, and how many from lung cancer?
    The average smoker shortens their lifespan by 10 years - but that is not "now"; Covid is potentially life-threatening in the present and the immediate future, especially if clustering together in groups of 10. The initial idea that smokers are at lower risk of Covid was a statistical anomaly - they are at higher risk.

Master
    9.19 miles, 2,825 feet, 2 hours 39 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Cloudy/sunny at times/some light rain/cold wind on the top. Only 1 other person - a runner - on the fell. Set off a bit late - only just got back before dark. Silly boy.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Cycling is one form of permitted exercise, but in these financially straitened times it seems a bit extravagant to have two wheels on your cycle. Or can someone come up with a better explanation for the couple, not much younger than me, who I saw with unicycles in the Outwoods today?
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Master
    8 miles, 3,386 feet, 2 hours 36 minutes: Wansfell ridge, including twice down the race descent. Very overcast, no sun, windy on top, no rain, mist/cloud down to 600 ft at times. Terrain sodden/slippery. Saw about a dozen whilst out, half of them fellow runners.