Page 133 of 304 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 3033

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    From the fell top assessors report of the conditions on Helvellyn today:

"Temperature: minus 1.5 C, Maximum wind speed 68.8mph, Wind chill: minus 13.5 C, Average wind speed: 55.7 mph"

Master
    14.11 miles, 4,245 feet, 3 hours 52 minutes: Clappersgate - Skelwith Fold/Bridge - Loughrigg top - Elterwater Common - Swinescar Pike - Silver Howe - Loughrigg top - Fishgarths Wood - Clappersgate. Overcast, with a very cold wind; the occasional snow flurry. Terrain mainly frozen, with the occasional patch of ice; crunchy/soft in places; surprisingly dry from the overnight wind. Microspikes not used. Lots on the fells.

Master
    10.64 miles, 3,563 feet, 3 hours 18 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Conditions similar to yesterday, though the ground freeze is more widespread, and the surface is even drier - the grip is surprisingly good - microspikes not used. That strong very cold wind persists. Quite a few out and about.

Master
    7.59 miles, 3,671 feet, 2 hours 51 minutes: Wansfell Pike, with twice down/up the race route to the kissing gate. Mainly sunny, with the odd snow flurry. The ground remains frozen solid and surprisingly dry, with patchy wind blown graupel, not quite enough to form a layer. Some extensive stretches of ice where puddles and minor water flows have frozen, particularly on the steps. A very cold wind. Grip good; microspikes not used. About a dozen on the fell; a similar number on the roads.

I was in Cumbria today for a property viewing... i didn't have the time (nor inclination) to go out and about running, but i have to say the hills looked absolutely stunning in the snow today... the Howgills, Shap Fells, the Blencathra Ridge, and across to the Pennines.

You are very fortunate to be able to run there every day.

Master
    10.35 miles, 3,842 feet, 3 hours 34 minutes: Wansfell Ridge. Conditions similar to yesterday, though the wind is less strong, and the patches of ice are more extensive. Microspikes not used. About a dozen on the fell; very quiet on the roads.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I was in Cumbria today for a property viewing... i didn't have the time (nor inclination) to go out and about running, but i have to say the hills looked absolutely stunning in the snow today... the Howgills, Shap Fells, the Blencathra Ridge, and across to the Pennines.

You are very fortunate to be able to run there every day.
    I try to make the most of it!

How did the viewing go?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    I try to make the most of it!

How did the viewing go?

Viewing was a great success...

Subject to my own property sale down here in Coventry coming to a successful conclusion, i'll be a Lake District resident from mid-April.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Viewing was a great success...

Subject to my own property sale down here in Coventry coming to a successful conclusion, i'll be a Lake District resident from mid-April.
    I'm sure the Lake District based fell running clubs will be fighting over your signature Travs.

Perhaps you should employ the services of an agent!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Actually my plan is to remain loyal to the great southern hope of the fells..... Coventry Godiva Harriers.

I'm likely to be home (Cov) once a month so can continue to train with them, and i want to still be able to race in the excellent Birmingham League Cross Country, not to mention the road relays, nationals, etc. I've also taken up a minor role as a team manager/captain within the club.

I realise i could join a Cumbrian fell club on 2nd claim and there are ways round it, but i really enjoy wearing the famous red & yellow on the fells.

Not to say i won't maybe approach a couple of local clubs for some informal runs.