Page 137 of 300 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2998

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    7.66 miles, 3,548 feet, 2 hours 34 minutes: Wansfell Pike, with three times down and twice up the race route to/from the kissing gate. Sunshine and clouds, a cold breeze, and intermittent very light drizzle. Terrain mainly dry with good traction. Saw about 20 others on the fell, and 10 or so when I went through town.

We were having a discussion regarding the forthcoming relaxing of the rules. I had a look at the gov.uk guidance which is about as clear as mud.

Current lockdown
    You may exercise on your own, with one other person, or with your household or support bubble. This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.

From 8th March
    People will be allowed to leave home for recreation and exercise outdoors with their household or support bubble, if they are eligible for one, or with one person from outside their household.

From this can we assume that we can exercise more than once a day and are no longer restricted to our local area?
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    We were having a discussion regarding the forthcoming relaxing of the rules. I had a look at the gov.uk guidance which is about as clear as mud.

Current lockdown
    You may exercise on your own, with one other person, or with your household or support bubble. This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.

From 8th March
    People will be allowed to leave home for recreation and exercise outdoors with their household or support bubble, if they are eligible for one, or with one person from outside their household.

From this can we assume that we can exercise more than once a day and are no longer restricted to our local area?
    I was chatting to this evenings running pal and we are both dreading the lifting of lockdown as we are going to be inundated with chavs and the like with their associated litter and behaviour. This is not grumpy old men moaning as my pal is half my age at 31!

Currently the verges are generally litter free but will soon be decorated with Costa coffee cups, McDonalds bags and the like.

Very selfish thoughts I know but there you go!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Bigfella...

The EA/UKA guidance provides a bit more info in this respect...

From 29th, "unorganized outdoor activity" can take place in groups up to 6. ie that reads to me you can go out exercising in a small group.

"Organised activity" ie club training, can take place as long as it is "covid-secure"... ie club training can go ahead so long as risk assessments done, and i assume records of attendees kept.

With regards to travel, the guidance says "minimise travel", although no definition on this. I think somewhere in the FRA guidance it states similar, along the lines of travel should be minimised, but there aren't any formal restrictions, ie county boundaries, etc.

Edit: all of the above relates to the 29th March onwards. I'm afraid no idea with regards to 8th March... i didn't even know that was a thing! I've just checked it and i do agree with what you say... however the "stay at home" ruling doesn't end until 29th March, which is a little confusing.
    Last edited by Travs; 05-03-2021 at 08:41 AM.

Master
    10.49 miles, 2,956 feet, 2 hours 57 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Overcast, a cold breeze at times, no rain. Terrain dry and soft with excellent grip. Saw 10 others on the fell, and a similar number on the road.

I must recommend Ivy Crag as a super spot for running, walking and picnicking. Great views, nice flat rocks to sit on. I am almost always on my own when there. The only proviso is that little ones would need to be closely observed - there are steep drop offs on 2 sides.

Master
    13.8 miles, 3,598 feet, 3 hours 49 minutes: Swinescar Pike, via Clappersgate, Skelwith Bridge, Loughrigg top, High Close and Elterwater Common on the way out, and Lang Howe, Silver How, Loughrigg top and Fishgarths Wood on the return. Overcast, a cold breeze at times, no rain. Soft dry terrain, good grip. Saw about 30 on the fell including one group of at least 10.

Master
    12.15 miles, 3,282 feet, 3 hours 22 minutes: Fairfield c/w. Overcast at first, but the cloud thinned out later, and its base was always above the tops. The terrain was firm above 2,000 feet, soft elsewhere, grip was good everywhere. A cool breeze at times. About a dozen others on the fell, amongst them Paul Tierney.

Master
    8.81 miles, 516 feet, 1 hour 36 minutes: minor roads around Ambleside, Clappersgate, and Brathay. Very light drizzle on and off. No wind at this level - not at all cold. Quite a few walkers about - had to change direction 8 times that I can remember to avoid them.

Master
    9.4 miles, 3,870 feet, 3 hours 6 minutes: Wansfell Pike, with twice down/up the race route to the kissing gate. Continuous light drizzle; mist in the valley, dense cloud higher up, with visibility down to 30 paces at one stage; a cold wind at the top of the Pike. Terrain wet, but not saturated, and not slippery apart from the rocks. Saw one other person on the fell.

Master
    9.56 miles, 1,004 feet, 1 hour 37 minutes: Drunken Duck loop. Overcast, drizzle/light rain throughout, but not cold, so my waterproof top came off after a couple of miles. All on tarmac. Saw 2 other runners, 3 cyclists, and 4 walkers.