Page 141 of 304 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 3033

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

My first ever holiday to the Lakes was in the shadow of Loughrigg Fell.... staying at Neaum Crag, which i think was just off the Coniston Road, and if i remember correctly was a very short walk from Skelwith Bridge.

I'd never even heard of fellrunning back then (circa 1998)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    My first ever holiday to the Lakes was in the shadow of Loughrigg Fell.... staying at Neaum Crag, which i think was just off the Coniston Road, and if i remember correctly was a very short walk from Skelwith Bridge.

I'd never even heard of fellrunning back then (circa 1998)
    Neaum Crag is straight up the steep little hill behind the bus stop shelter from Skelwith Bridge - a nice spot with good access to the fells, and of course to Chesters cafe - great for takeaways. Pre Covid I used to pop in there several times a week. They are now vegetarian.

Master
    12.18 miles, 3,229 feet, 3 hours 28 minutes: Fairfield Horseshoe c/w. Lovely sunshine, virtually no wind; terrain drying out nicely, though still wet and slippery in places. About 30 on the fell, but no large groups. Town quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    12.18 miles, 3,229 feet, 3 hours 28 minutes: Fairfield Horseshoe c/w. Lovely sunshine, virtually no wind; terrain drying out nicely, though still wet and slippery in places. About 30 on the fell, but no large groups. Town quiet.
    Are you planning to enter the Fairfield Horseshoe race...? Entries opening on thursday courtesy of your club...

Master
    Are you planning to enter the Fairfield Horseshoe race...? Entries opening on thursday courtesy of your club...
    Tempted, now that I know the route so much better - but from the vaccination point of view it is a bit early for me - 3 weeks post second injection takes me to early June.

Tempted, now that I know the route so much better - but from the vaccination point of view it is a bit early for me - 3 weeks post second injection takes me to early June.
    I've just entered... put down an estimated time of 1hr40 which would be a pb of over 5mins, so got a lot to live up to...!

Also entered the new 9 mile Clough Head/Great Dodd race being put on by Kong the weekend before....

Master
    I've just entered... put down an estimated time of 1hr40 which would be a pb of over 5mins, so got a lot to live up to...!

Also entered the new 9 mile Clough Head/Great Dodd race being put on by Kong the weekend before....
    Clough Head is such a tough ascent - and descent for that matter, especially if the clag is down.

Master
    10.36 miles, 3,071 feet, 2 hours 57 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Sunshine and clouds, cloud base just catching the highest tops. Quite a cold wind - though I managed in my vest. Terrain mainly dry. Quite a few about, both on the fell, and on the minor roads.

Chesters cafe - great for takeaways. They are now vegetarian.
    That's good to know. It's been well over a year since I've visited Ambleside or Keswick but once things are 'settled', and post the summer hysteria, I might give Chesters a visit.

When we've ever visited Ambleside, Rattle Gill Cafe has been our bijou favourite veggie pit-stop.

In Keswick, since the closure of Pedlars, we've called into Kat's Kitchen a few times for a decent veggie lunch.

Seems like another world away now!
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    That's good to know. It's been well over a year since I've visited Ambleside or Keswick but once things are 'settled', and post the summer hysteria, I might give Chesters a visit.

When we've ever visited Ambleside, Rattle Gill Cafe has been our bijou favourite veggie pit-stop.

In Keswick, since the closure of Pedlars, we've called into Kat's Kitchen a few times for a decent veggie lunch.

Seems like another world away now!
    Rattle Gill Cafe was great - it is of course closed now - and has in fact changed hands recently. The previous owners now run a deli just around the corner - Rattle Gill Deli - which is veggie and great for take aways and general goodies.
    Chesters take away section is I feel better than their actual cafe - and they provide outside seating if you don't actually want to "take away". Their scones, cinnamon buns, flapjacks and various salads are excellent.