Page 148 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1790

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

I've been in the Lakes today and can also confirm it was absolutely perfect weather.

Unfortunately didn't have time for any sustained exercise, just a stroll round the village... Gorgeous views over the back to Cross Fell, and was rather surprised by a lovely view over the front to Blencathra and the Mell Fells, which I hadn't spotted previously.

Also a stunning view from the M6 near Shap, over to Kidsty Pike, High Street and the ridge running north.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I've been in the Lakes today and can also confirm it was absolutely perfect weather.

Unfortunately didn't have time for any sustained exercise, just a stroll round the village... Gorgeous views over the back to Cross Fell, and was rather surprised by a lovely view over the front to Blencathra and the Mell Fells, which I hadn't spotted previously.

Also a stunning view from the M6 near Shap, over to Kidsty Pike, High Street and the ridge running north.
    I love Shap, me. Decent chippy and also has the New Balance outlet shop on the high street.
    Eat more cake because life is shorter than you thi...

Favourite run of mine was from Hafren car park, up to scource of Severn and straight on down to
    cross the Hengwmm, down the valley on the track and then back over to climb Pumlumon, Arwystyli ridge and make way back to car.
    Took some beating on a good day and to be avoided on a bad day!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Favourite run of mine was from Hafren car park, up to scource of Severn and straight on down to
    cross the Hengwmm, down the valley on the track and then back over to climb Pumlumon, Arwystyli ridge and make way back to car.
    Took some beating on a good day and to be avoided on a bad day!
    I bet!

I'm off to Llani again next weekend and if the weather holds might give it a go although walk/jogging. Can I pick your brains?

How far down Hengwm do you go? I am looking at either the path up Nant y Llyn to Llyn Lygad Rheidol then steeply up to Pumlumon Fach or taking the ridge up to Pumlumon Fach directly from the first marked stream that joins Nant y Llyn. With it being relatively dry at the moment the best progress might be made by the first option.

What do you reckon?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I used to cross the little bridge where Hengwm and Hyddgen joined, then carry on down the track to Maesnant cottage, somewhere around the gate there I took a little trod up beside the Maesnant stream (probably dry) that worked it's way to about the 668 spot height above Llyn Rheidol and then on up to the trig.
    Haven't been on it for 10 years + but sure the track (sheep trod) would be there as used by walkers from the reservoir side. Possibly still!

Thanks. I'll let you know!

I can just make out the trod on OS ariel mapping, starts right where the drive forks down to Maesnant.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    I can just make out the trod on OS ariel mapping, starts right where the drive forks down to Maesnant.
    Got it.

I've also spotted a faint trod beside Nant Gelligogau which will take me down to Afon Hengwm.

Looking forward to it!
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 18-04-2021 at 09:13 AM.

Master
    13.32 miles, 3,422 feet, 3 hours 39 minutes: Under Loughrigg - Fox Ghyll - Loughrigg top - High Close - Elterwater - Swinescar Pike - Lang How - Sliver How - Loughrigg top - Fishgarths Wood - Clappersgate. Slightly overcast, a gentle refreshing breeze - the superb running conditions continue. In my vest for the last hour or so. Lots on Loughrigg, very few elsewhere. Quite a few cyclists about.

Master
    10.51 miles, 3,795 feet, 3 hours 19 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 3 sides, and along the ridge to Wansfell true top. Wall to wall sunshine. The terrain is so dry it is rather hard in places, but that is better than wet and slippery. Not many on the fell, but the car parks are pretty busy - I imagine lots are sitting outside at the pubs.

My partner walked to Elterwater and back - 17 km in total.