Page 150 of 300 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2998

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    12.49 miles, 3,286 feet, 3 hours 20 minutes: Fairfield Horseshoe c/w. Sunny and warm, a few clouds, no wind. Terrain dry and firm. Quite a few on the fell, and town is busy.

Master
    13.03 miles, 4,850 feet, 3 hours 53 minutes: Red Screes via Roundhill Farm and Wansfell Pike both ways. Sunny, not too hot, a nice cool breeze at times. Lots of "halfway resting" going on on both fells. Not that busy, but I did not go through town.

With respect to my new shoes, in them I have found myself running sections that I normally walk. I thought I walked because I was knackered, but maybe my feet were starting to get a bit tender. Nick Chater, psychologist, has written a brilliant book called "The Mind is Flat" - we can only guess at our own motives, just like we can only guess at the motivation of others. I think the Trailflys, at least in part, work this way for me.

This time next week MikeT I'll be embarking on first proper run out as a Cumbrian reisdent (or perhaps more properly, a resident of Cumbria). Patterdale likely to be the location for such an auspicious occasion.
    Last edited by Travs; 25-04-2021 at 02:11 PM.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    This time next week MikeT I'll be embarking on first proper run out as a Cumbrian reisdent (or perhaps more properly, a resident of Cumbria). Patterdale likely to be the location for such an auspicious occasion.
    I think you may well find the indigenous folk will see you as a resident offcomer to Cumbria.

All the best Travs I hope it all goes well for you.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Lots of great terrain - and relatively quiet compared to Ambleside I imagine. Good luck with the move.

Thank you both... with it being a bank holiday weekend, it will be quite a challenge to keep the enthusiasm in check, and not go crazy on the first couple of days, as i must bear in mind i have a race on the wednesday night which will require fresh legs...

Master
    10.26 miles, 3,061 feet, 2 hours 55 minutes: Loughrigg trails, including that lovely gradual grassy descent that I recently discovered - 0.83 miles of heavenly running. Initially sunny, becoming rather overcast. A pleasant breeze. Terrain dry and firm. Not many about.

Master
    9.19 miles, 3,431 feet, 2 hours 48 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 3 sides. Overcast, the occasional brief spell of light drizzle, no wind, not cold, waterproof not used. Terrain damp in places - my new shoes are no better on wet rock than any other shoe, but I was not expecting them to be. Not many about, though I did see a couple of other runners. Heard 2, possibly 3 cuckoos; saw 1 deer.

Master
    10.3 miles, 3,162 feet, 2 hours 56 minutes: Loughrigg trails, including 3 minor paths I had not used before. Overcast, a cold wind at times, but I got down to my vest for the last mile. Terrain mainly dry and firm. Not many about.

Master
    9.32 miles, 3,490 feet, 2 hours 48 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 3 sides. Sunshine and clouds, a cold wind on the top, a couple of brief graupel showers - waterproof top not used. Terrain dry and firm. Quite a few on the fell, particularly on the main steps facing Ambleside. 2 cuckoos, 1 deer.