Page 151 of 165 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1650

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    This time next week MikeT I'll be embarking on first proper run out as a Cumbrian reisdent (or perhaps more properly, a resident of Cumbria). Patterdale likely to be the location for such an auspicious occasion.
    Lots of great terrain - and relatively quiet compared to Ambleside I imagine. Good luck with the move.

Thank you both... with it being a bank holiday weekend, it will be quite a challenge to keep the enthusiasm in check, and not go crazy on the first couple of days, as i must bear in mind i have a race on the wednesday night which will require fresh legs...

Master
    10.26 miles, 3,061 feet, 2 hours 55 minutes: Loughrigg trails, including that lovely gradual grassy descent that I recently discovered - 0.83 miles of heavenly running. Initially sunny, becoming rather overcast. A pleasant breeze. Terrain dry and firm. Not many about.

Master
    9.19 miles, 3,431 feet, 2 hours 48 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 3 sides. Overcast, the occasional brief spell of light drizzle, no wind, not cold, waterproof not used. Terrain damp in places - my new shoes are no better on wet rock than any other shoe, but I was not expecting them to be. Not many about, though I did see a couple of other runners. Heard 2, possibly 3 cuckoos; saw 1 deer.

Master
    10.3 miles, 3,162 feet, 2 hours 56 minutes: Loughrigg trails, including 3 minor paths I had not used before. Overcast, a cold wind at times, but I got down to my vest for the last mile. Terrain mainly dry and firm. Not many about.

Master
    9.32 miles, 3,490 feet, 2 hours 48 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 3 sides. Sunshine and clouds, a cold wind on the top, a couple of brief graupel showers - waterproof top not used. Terrain dry and firm. Quite a few on the fell, particularly on the main steps facing Ambleside. 2 cuckoos, 1 deer.

Master
    13.64 miles, 3,529 feet, 3 hours 21 minutes: Swinescar Pike - via Clappersgate/Skelwith Bridge/Loughrigg top/Elterwater/Silver How/Lang How on the way out, and Loughrigg top/Miller Bridge on the return. Sunshine and light showers; a cold wind at times. Terrain damp in places, and less firm than it was. Not that many about. I crossed paths with Sabrina on Silver How - she looks very strong but of course she has only just got going.

Master
    8.02 miles, 3,119 feet, 2 hours 27 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 3 sides. Sunshine and clouds, no precipitation, a cold wind at times - I did not get down to my vest. Terrain dry - it has softened up nicely after the rain we had. Lots on the fell. I tried some faster running today - fartlek - as I will need to pick up my pace if I am going to restart training the AAC juniors after my second injection.

Chasing my son (whose 37 years younger than me) round the Round Hill Fell race course on a lovely morning - and so dry underfoot. Saw someone approaching in the opposite direction and it was my fellow clubmate Tom L. Thought we would stop for a chat, but he flew past. He was going for a PB on the Ilkley Skyline, disappointed not to get under 3hrs. Good effort!
    Glorious morning with loads of birds and a deer in Timble woods.

Master
    10.64 miles, 3,097 feet, 2 hours 56 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Initially overcast and drizzly, with a sprinkling of snow visible on Coniston and Great Carrs - later the sun came out, the drizzle stopped, and the snow had almost all gone by the time I finished. I started with my waterproof top on, but eventually got down to my vest. The terrain was barely damp. Lots about, as one would expect on a Bank Holiday Sunday. 1 cuckoo.