Page 151 of 300 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2998

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    13.64 miles, 3,529 feet, 3 hours 21 minutes: Swinescar Pike - via Clappersgate/Skelwith Bridge/Loughrigg top/Elterwater/Silver How/Lang How on the way out, and Loughrigg top/Miller Bridge on the return. Sunshine and light showers; a cold wind at times. Terrain damp in places, and less firm than it was. Not that many about. I crossed paths with Sabrina on Silver How - she looks very strong but of course she has only just got going.

Master
    8.02 miles, 3,119 feet, 2 hours 27 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 3 sides. Sunshine and clouds, no precipitation, a cold wind at times - I did not get down to my vest. Terrain dry - it has softened up nicely after the rain we had. Lots on the fell. I tried some faster running today - fartlek - as I will need to pick up my pace if I am going to restart training the AAC juniors after my second injection.

Chasing my son (whose 37 years younger than me) round the Round Hill Fell race course on a lovely morning - and so dry underfoot. Saw someone approaching in the opposite direction and it was my fellow clubmate Tom L. Thought we would stop for a chat, but he flew past. He was going for a PB on the Ilkley Skyline, disappointed not to get under 3hrs. Good effort!
    Glorious morning with loads of birds and a deer in Timble woods.

Master
    10.64 miles, 3,097 feet, 2 hours 56 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Initially overcast and drizzly, with a sprinkling of snow visible on Coniston and Great Carrs - later the sun came out, the drizzle stopped, and the snow had almost all gone by the time I finished. I started with my waterproof top on, but eventually got down to my vest. The terrain was barely damp. Lots about, as one would expect on a Bank Holiday Sunday. 1 cuckoo.

Master
    8.86 miles, 2,876 feet, 2 hours 23 minutes: Loughrigg trails again. Overcast, with the cloud base down to about 1,000 feet in places. Constant light to moderate rain, a strong cold wind. Terrain wet, though not yet saturated. I was pleased with the Trailfly's grip. Very few about - 1 other fell runner. 1 cuckoo.

Hurrah, I’m back running in the hills

For today’s run, in proper Yorkshire Dales spring weather, a 5.6 mile loop up and down Penyghent. A quick video clip of Harry and Teasel running off PyG with me

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    Hurrah, I’m back running in the hills

For today’s run, in proper Yorkshire Dales spring weather, a 5.6 mile loop up and down Penyghent. A quick video clip of Harry and Teasel running off PyG with me

Looks like the shoes got a good clean, or are they new?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Looks like the shoes got a good clean, or are they new?
    The second runout for my Trailfly Ultras. I’d managed to dull the vivid green glare on their first run with beach mud at Arnside Knott but then damn well shined them up again today

Master
    8.25 miles, 4,071 feet, 2 hours 51 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 2 sides, including twice up and three times down the race route to the kissing gate. Overcast, though the sun did threaten to come out several times. Cloud base at about 2,000 feet. No visible snow. Constant drizzle/light rain, a strong wind on the top of the Pike as there often is. Terrain wet, even saturated in areas with poor drainage. A few about on the fell, mainly lower down.

2.2km. Round the "block". My first tentative run after hopefully recovering from my back injury. Driving rain then glorious sunshine. No other people out.