Page 161 of 303 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 3025

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    6.49 miles, 2,619 feet, 2 hours 4 minutes: Winterseeds - Grisedale Tarn - Seat Sandal - down the south ridge to Winterseeds. Mainly sunny and warm, the occasional welcome cloud, very little wind. Terrain dry and firm. Not many on the fell. With about a dozen from AAC.
    I remember doing the exact same route in (i think) 2018 the day before the Mountain Trial at Grasmere. It was a nice day.

True to form, the first part of the LDMT day was abysmal.

Master
    10.78 miles, 2,737 feet, 2 hours 42 minutes: Red Screes via Roundhill Farm both ways. Sunshine and some very welcome clouds, and a very nice cool breeze on the top. Terrain dry and firm. Saw about 15 others on the fell. So nice to get home and have a cold drink and as cold a shower as it will go.

Master
    9 miles, 3,854 feet, 3 hours 53 minutes: ODG - Bowfell via the climber's traverse - Crinkle Crags - Pike O'Blisco - Great Lakes descent - ODG. Sunshine and clouds, no wind, very warm. Terrain dry and firm. I only about a dozen others on the fells.

Master
    13.57 miles, 5,402 feet, 5 hours 47 minutes: ODG - Bowfell via Buscoe Sike - Esk Pike - Great End - Esk Pike via the grassy trod to the right - Bowfell - Crinkle Crags - Pike O'Blisco - ODG. Initially in mist above 1,000 feet or so, but it soon cleared to sunshine and clouds. Very warm, no significant wind. Terrain dry, firm. Lots were heading towards Scafell Pike, but otherwise the fells were fairly quiet. Despite the mist I managed to find the race route between Bowfell and Ore Gap both ways.

Master
    10 miles, 3,311 feet, 3 hours 12 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Almost constant drizzle/light rain. No wind, not cold. Terrain wet and slippery. Not many on the fell. Wet bracken is horrible - it sags and blocks the paths, and, of course, it makes you wet.

Master
    9.17 miles, 3,475 feet, 3 hours 4 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 3 sides. Sunshine and clouds and one brief but heavy shower. Terrain wet and slippery. Quite a few on the fell, despite the fairly grim forecast.

Master
    10.83 miles, 4,003 feet, 3 hours 57 minutes: Traveller's Rest - Bracken Hause - Gibson Knott - Calf Crag - Steel Fell - Steel End - Dunmail Raise - Seat Sandal - south ridge - Winterseeds. Mainly overcast, occasional sunshine, some brief spells of light drizzle, no wind. Terrain wet and slippery. Only saw 4 others on the fells, 2 of them fell runners. Town busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    10.83 miles, 4,003 feet, 3 hours 57 minutes: Traveller's Rest - Bracken Hause - Gibson Knott - Calf Crag - Steel Fell - Steel End - Dunmail Raise - Seat Sandal - south ridge - Winterseeds. Mainly overcast, occasional sunshine, some brief spells of light drizzle, no wind. Terrain wet and slippery. Only saw 4 others on the fells, 2 of them fell runners. Town busy.
    Way to go Mike!

I've been curious about my own daily calorie burn recently. The PM5 on the indoor rower give me a pretty accurate (I believe) reading of about 750 to 850 a day, for an hour's row, but my old Garmin Fenix3 I'm less sure about. My diminutive 6 mile trot up to and around the local trig (1100' ascent) clocks in at about 830 on the Garmin, which feels like an overestimate.

Being impressed by your daily distances/ascent, surely that's got to be 1500-2000 calories, at least?

Whatever, that's got to demand some serious refueling and license to scoff as many pies and cakes as you damn well like, I'm sure
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    6.86 miles, 1,047 feet, 1 hour 31 minutes: Wray Castle - south along Windermere - Coffin route - Latterbarrow - Outgate - Wray Castle. Intermittent light drizzle, very overcast, no wind. Terrain wet and slippery. Not many on this route, but Wray Castle carpark and cafe were both very busy. With 8 others from AAC.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Way to go Mike!

I've been curious about my own daily calorie burn recently. The PM5 on the indoor rower give me a pretty accurate (I believe) reading of about 750 to 850 a day, for an hour's row, but my old Garmin Fenix3 I'm less sure about. My diminutive 6 mile trot up to and around the local trig (1100' ascent) clocks in at about 830 on the Garmin, which feels like an overestimate.

Being impressed by your daily distances/ascent, surely that's got to be 1500-2000 calories, at least?

Whatever, that's got to demand some serious refueling and license to scoff as many pies and cakes as you damn well like, I'm sure
    1474 calories burnt during yesterday's outing according to my Garmin. I am amazed how much I can eat and not gain weight.