Page 162 of 303 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 3025

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    19.94 miles, 5,513 feet, 6 hours 33 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Rydal - Nab Scar - Alcock Tarn - Traveller's Rest - Steel Fell - Calf Crag - High Raise - Sergeant Man - Swinescar Pike - Silver How - Loughrigg Top - Miller Bridge - Rothay Bridge. Sunny, the occasional cloud, no wind, quite warm - any shade was very welcome. Terrain mainly dry and soft. The fells are not that busy, but almost every top had picnickers on it. Saw three other runners, and, on a path on Loughrigg, an adder.

Master
    9.22 miles, 3,576 feet, 3 hours 41 minutes: ODG - The Band - Crinkle Crags - Cold Pike - Red Tarn - Pike O'Blisco - race descent - ODG. Overcast, cloud base initially below 2,000 feet, though it later rose. No wind, not cold. Terrain dry except in the mist where it was damp and slippery. I did not see many on the fells, though the car parks were very busy.

Master
    11.27 miles, 3,214 feet, 3 hours 41 minutes: Elterwater - Silver How - Lang How - Swinescar Pike - Sergeant Man - Swinescar Pike - Silver How - Elterwater. Overcast, no sunshine, no rain, no wind. Terrain dry and soft. Not many on the fells , but the car parks are busy. The first 2.75 miles was with 10 or so from AAC, but I could not persuade anybody to go a bit longer.

Master
    11.2 miles, 4,483 feet, 4 hours 41 minutes: ODG - The Band - Crinkle Crags - Pike O'Blisco - Lingmoor Fell (ascent via Side Pike, descent via the ridge to Bleatarn House) - ODG. Initially overcast and misty with light rain; it slowly cleared to weak sunshine. The cloud base was below 1,500 feet at first, which made finding the ideal lines a bit tricky behind and descending from the Crinkles. Terrain wet and slippery, particularly the rocks. Not many on the fells, though there is a Lakeland Trails event on with lots of runners on the minor roads.

Master
    10.39 miles, 2,610 feet, 3 hours 15 minutes: Traveller's Rest - Bracken Hause via those lovely zigzags - Calf Crag - Steel Fell - back the same way. Initially overcast and misty with light rain, but it slowly cleared up. No wind. Terrain wet and slippery. Saw 6 runners on the route, and a lot of walkers coming from the direction of Helm Crag. I have finally worked out how to go between Steel Fell and Calf Crag without getting my ankles wet.

Master
    11.27 miles, 4,357 feet, 4 hours 30 minutes: ODG - The Band - Crinkle Crags - Pike O'Blisco - Lingmoor Fell (going around Blea Tarn, up via the Bleatarn House ridge, and down via Side Pike) - ODG. Overcast, though most of the tops were cloud free; no sunshine, a few minutes of light drizzle. Terrain initially damp and slippery, but it improved as the day went on. Not many on the fells, and the car parks had quite a few empty spaces. I was able to work out exactly where I had got the lines wrong a couple of days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    11.27 miles, 4,357 feet, 4 hours 30 minutes: ODG - The Band - Crinkle Crags - Pike O'Blisco - Lingmoor Fell (going around Blea Tarn, up via the Bleatarn House ridge, and down via Side Pike) - ODG. Overcast, though most of the tops were cloud free; no sunshine, a few minutes of light drizzle. Terrain initially damp and slippery, but it improved as the day went on. Not many on the fells, and the car parks had quite a few empty spaces. I was able to work out exactly where I had got the lines wrong a couple of days ago.
    Mike, do you take public transport to reach ODG? I've not been there for years as every time I consider it the car parking headache puts me off. In fact, all my recent (last 10 years) visits have been while renting a cottage in the dale.

I also avoid camping there now (at the NT site) as it seems to be a haven for anti-social behavior and thievery, sadly.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Mike, do you take public transport to reach ODG? I've not been there for years as every time I consider it the car parking headache puts me off. In fact, all my recent (last 10 years) visits have been while renting a cottage in the dale.

I also avoid camping there now (at the NT site) as it seems to be a haven for anti-social behavior and thievery, sadly.
    I drive to ODG, getting there at about 8.30 am - parking is not a problem at that time. There is of course the much larger car park at NDG if the one at ODG happens to be full. And one of the farmers has opened up a large field at NDG for parking at £5 a day.
    On the weekend, or on a day with a good weather forecast, ODG is usually full when I get back, but it wasn't yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    I drive to ODG, getting there at about 8.30 am - parking is not a problem at that time. There is of course the much larger car park at NDG if the one at ODG happens to be full. And one of the farmers has opened up a large field at NDG for parking at £5 a day.
    On the weekend, or on a day with a good weather forecast, ODG is usually full when I get back, but it wasn't yesterday.
    Cheers Mike - that's good to know.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    6.96 miles, 2,415 feet, 2 hours 6 minutes: Torver - The Old Man: up via Goat's Hause, descent via the Torver race route. Sunshine and clouds, no rain, no significant wind. Terrain dry, soft. Quite a few on the tourist paths, and the towns are very busy. With about a dozen others from AAC.