Page 163 of 303 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 3022

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    18.98 miles, 5,336 feet, 5 hours 58 minutes: Ambleside - Rydal - Nab Scar - Alcock Tarn - Traveller's Rest - Steel Fell - Calf Crag - Sergeant Man - Swinescar Pike - Silver How - Loughrigg top - Miller Bridge - Ambleside.
    Sunny, very warm, a pleasant breeze on top. Terrain dry and soft. Tourist paths busy, and every top had groups of picnickers. My post run weight was 59.9 kg - normally it is about 62 kg.

Master
    8.14 miles, 3,295 feet, 3 hours 11 minutes: ODG - The Band - Crinkle Crags - Pike O'Blisco - Great Lakes descent - ODG. Very warm, a cool breeze at times. Terrain dry, soft. I saw about 20 on the fells. The ODG car park was only about 1/4 occupied when I got there, but completely full when I left, though there was plenty of room at NDG.

Master
    13.64 miles, 4,607 feet, 5 hours 43 minutes: ODG - Stake Pass - Rossett Pike - Ore Gap - Esk Pike - Ore Gap - Bowfell - Crinkle Crags - Pike O'Blisco - Langdale descent to ODG. Very warm, a cool breeze at times. Terrain dry, firm. Fells not that busy. The ODG car park was 2/3 full at 7.30 am, and was completely full when I got back - there was space at NDG.

PS. I should add my post run weight today was 59.7 kgs - I was quite thirsty at the finish, not having carried any water, nor drunk from any water sources on the fell side - but that is what I am used to doing.
    Last edited by Mike T; 17-07-2021 at 08:25 PM.

Bloody hell, 6hrs in today's heat without water!?!?

I think I had 4-5 litres at Welsh 1000 today (in a similar time period to you), and was/am still dehydrated now...

Master
    10.75 miles, 3,900 feet, 3 hours 41 minutes: Traveller's rest - Bracken Hause - Calf Crag - Steel Fell - Steel End - Dunmail Raise - Seat Sandal - Winterseeds. Sunshine and very welcome clouds, and a lovely cool breeze up high - it was so much warmer in the valleys. Terrain dry, firm to hard. Saw 7 on the fells; the carparks are overflowing and town is heaving.

Master
    16.56 miles, 4,193 feet, 4 hours 48 minutes: Waterhead - High Skelghyll - Troutbeck - Garburn Pass - Ill Bell - Thornthwaite Beacon - Caudale Moor - Kirkstone Inn - The Struggle - Middle Grove Cottages. Very warm, not many clouds, not much of a breeze - the shade from trees was so welcome. Not many on the fells, though I saw 8 other runners. That cold drink and cold shower once I got home were so nice.

That descent from Thornthwaite Beacon down into Threshthwaite Mouth is one of my favourites at the moment!

Another contender being the north-west ridge off Caudale Moor down to Brothers Water.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    That descent from Thornthwaite Beacon down into Threshthwaite Mouth is one of my favourites at the moment!

Another contender being the north-west ridge off Caudale Moor down to Brothers Water.
    I find the descent from the Beacon a bit too rocky/gravelly/slippery to enjoy - give me grass any day. That Caudale Moor ridge is good. Unfortunately some normally really enjoyable local paths are blocked by bracken at the moment.

I think that's why I like it, because it's challenging and I know I need to improve on more technical ground.

In wet conditions it's absolutely horrible.

Master
    8.08 miles, 2,242 feet, 2 hours 23 minutes: Patterdale(Cricket Club) - Place Fell - High Knott - path above the lake shore - Patterdale. Very warm, not much of a breeze, the intermittent shade on the path above the lake shore was most welcome. Terrain dry, firm. Lots on the lake path.