Page 167 of 303 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 3023

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    9.54 miles, 3,513 feet, 3 hours 12 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 3 sides. Overcast, dry for the first hour, then persistent light drizzle, and the cloud base lowered to about 800 feet. No significant wind, not cold - I did not use my waterproof top. Terrain damp/wet and slippery. Lots on the Wansfell steps. The race descent from the Pike is now choked with bracken and rather unpleasant, though the route is still obvious.

Master
    10.84 miles, 4,637 feet, 4 hours 33 minutes: ODG - The Band - Crinkle Crags - Pike O'Blisco - Bleatarn House - Lingmoor Fell - ODG. Initially overcast with the cloud base at about 1,000 feet, and a very cold strong wind. It slowly cleared, and was sunny and warm by the time I finished. No rain. Terrain damp and slippery in places, dry in others. Lots on Lingmoor Fell, some of whom were really struggling with the scrambly sections. There was an overflow parking field at ODG, so parking there was not a problem.

Master
    11.1 miles, 4,019 feet, 3 hours 44 minutes: Traveller's Rest - Winterseeds - Grisedale Tarn - lower path to the col - Cofa Pike - Fairfield - rest of the horseshoe clockwise - Miller Bridge - Rothay Bridge. Overcast, but with a high cloud base just skimming some of the high tops. A rather unpleasant very strong cold wind even quite low down; no rain. Terrain anything from dry to saturated; slippery in places. Quite a few on the tops - I suspect, like me, they did not look at the mountain forecast.

Master
    10.01 miles, 4,475 feet, 4 hours 36 minutes: ODG - The Band - Climber's Traverse - Bowfell - Crinkle Crags - Pike O'Blisco - Side Pike - ODG. Initially overcast with the cloud base at about 1,500 feet; it cleared up nicely by the time I got to Red Tarn. Still a cold wind, but nowhere near as strong as yesterday. No rain. Terrain anything from dry to damp to wet; slippery in places. Not many up high. Car parks busy - the overflow field at ODG is open - even NDG has a sign directing people to it.

Master
    10.75 miles, 2,888 feet, 3 hours 25 minutes: Traveller's Rest - Bracken Hause - Helm Crag - Calf Crag - Steel Fell - Calf Crag - Bracken Hause - Traveller's Rest. Overcast, almost continuous light drizzle, misty at times, the occasional brief spell of sunshine, no wind, not cold. Terrain wet and slippery. Only saw 10 others on the fell, two of them fell runners. Roads and town busy.

Master
    10.85 miles, 2,783 feet, 2 hours 42 minutes: Red Screes via Roundhill Farm both ways. Overcast, a cool breeze, the occasional brief spell of light drizzle. Terrain mainly dry, damp/wet/slippery in places. Only eight others on the fell, two of them farmers clipping some sheep; lots of walkers lower down. The road between the Kirkstone Inn and Brothers Water was closed - a car that was half off the road and was being recovered was visible from the trig point on the top.

Master
    15.2 miles, 4,851 feet, 4 hours 56 minutes: Stanah Lane - Sticks Pass - Raise - Helvellyn - Grisedale Tarn - Cofa Pike - Fairfield - the rest of the horseshoe clockwise. Overcast - I was in cloud from about 1,000 feet on the way up until just below High Pike on the way down. More or less constant light drizzle, and windy on the tops, though luckily it was never a headwind. Terrain damp/wet/slippery. I was surprised how many were up high, but then the forecast had looked quite reasonable.

Master
    9.54 miles, 3,513 feet, 3 hours 6 minutes: Wansfell Pike from three sides. Overcast, cloud base about 1,800 feet. A few brief episodes of light drizzle. Terrain mainly dry, soft. No wind. Lots of walkers on the Wansfell steps and on the top - there must have been 30 people up there on my third visit.

Yesterday evening, having dropped my son off in Buxton for club swimming, I decided to go for a run at The Roaches.

Only a 5 mile loop taking in the TP but it was certainly a wild evening for August. Wet, and so windy I could hardly stand up at the TP once it had appeared through the clag!

Only two others seen but over half a dozen cars with steamed up windows in the various lay-bys which suggested that running was the least popular activity in the area!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Roaches is some race... much more testing than the stats would suggest.