Page 172 of 300 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2998

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    10.65 miles, 2,856 feet, 3 hours 11 minutes: Traveller's Rest - Bracken Hause - Helm Crag - Calf Crag - Steel Fell - Calf Crag - Bracken Hause - Traveller's Rest. Very overcast at first, with cloud/mist well down into the valleys in some places, though it started to clear up on my second visit to Calf Crag. No rain, a gentle breeze, terrain damp and slippery in some spots, dry and firm elsewhere. Not many on the fells; town still very busy.

Master
    14.75 miles, 5,608 feet, 5 hours 28 minutes: Traveller's Rest - Winterseeds - Grisedale Tarn - St Sunday Crag - Birks - Arnison Crag - Birks - Elmhow zig-zags - Grisedale Tarn - Seat Sandal - Traveller's rest. Sunny and warm, a pleasant cool breeze at times, no rain, terrain dry and firm. Not many on the fells - surprising given what a nice day it is; busy elsewhere.

Master
    13.45 miles, 4,085 feet, 3 hours 55 minutes: Rothay/Miller/Low Sweden Bridges - Low/High Pike - Dove Crag - High Hartsop Dodd - Little Hart Crag - Scandale - Red Screes - Roundhill Farm - Ambleside. Sunny and very warm, unpleasantly so. Even the breeze on the tops was warm. No rain, terrain dry and firm. Very few on the fells - I suspect many are sitting near water and in cafes and pubs.

My normal post run weight is between 61 and 62 kgs - today it was 59.6 kg.

Master
    9.5 miles, 3,380 feet, 3 hours 8 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 3 sides. Sunshine and clouds, and a brief but quite heavy shower. Terrain mainly dry at first, but damp/wet and slippery later. A pleasant cooling breeze. Still quite warm. Very few on the fell.

Months ago - maybe 6 - I noticed a new looking rolled up ground sheet on the quietest of my 3 routes up - I have done this route many times, but only ever seen 2 others on it. I left the ground sheet where it was assuming its owners would retrieve it, but they never did, so I brought it home today to use on wet ground for picnics, if we ever have one. It is quite heavy - difficult to believe the person carrying it did not realise they had dropped something.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post

Months ago - maybe 6 - I noticed a new looking rolled up ground sheet on the quietest of my 3 routes up - I have done this route many times, but only ever seen 2 others on it. I left the ground sheet where it was assuming its owners would retrieve it, but they never did, so I brought it home today to use on wet ground for picnics, if we ever have one. It is quite heavy - difficult to believe the person carrying it did not realise they had dropped something.
    6 months from now . . .

"You remember we rolled up that really heavy groundsheet and left it at that lovely, secluded picnic place we found on Wansfell, so that we could come back and use it for more picnics there? It's a lovely day now, let's go back and have a picnic up there again."
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Master
    10.22 miles, 2,344 feet, 2 hours 56 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Overcast, cloud/mist well down into the valleys in places, intermittent light rain, terrain wet and slippery. Warm and humid, no refreshing wind unfortunately. Saw about a dozen others on the fell.

Master
    13.78 miles, 4,831 feet, 4 hours 46 minutes: Traveller's Rest - Winterseeds - Little Tongue - Grisedale Tarn - Helvellyn and back via the zig-zags - Fairfield - Nab Scar - Alcock Tarn - Traveller's Rest. Initially overcast, with the cloud base at about 1,550 feet; intermittent drizzle, terrain wet and slippery, quite a strong but not cold wind on top. It cleared up somewhat later, with spells of sunshine. Lots heading up to Fairfield - there is obviously an event on, as there were marshals on the top, and lots of cars parked in the event field in Grasmere. Not many people elsewhere, though I did see 4 other fell runners.

Master
    15.04 miles, 4,224 feet, 4 hours 37 minutes: Fairfield Horseshoe clockwise, plus out and back to Hartsop Above How. Overcast, some weak sunshine at times, cloud base above the high tops. A very pleasant cool breeze. No rain; terrain dry and firm. Quite a few doing Fairfield, including a couple of groups of fell runners.

Master
    10.72 miles, 2,863 feet, 3 hours 22 minutes: Traveller's Rest - Bracken Hause - Helm Crag - Calf Crag - Steel Fell - Calf Crag - Bracken Hause - Traveller's Rest. Very overcast, with cloud/mist well down into the valleys. Virtually constant light drizzle, terrain wet and slippery. A cold wind at times. Quite a few heading away from Calf Crag, some in large groups; one out of control dog.

Master
    14.58 miles, 4,051 feet, 4 hours 52 minutes: Elterwater to Ambleside via Silver How - Swinescar Pike - Sergeant Man - Lang How - Silver How - Loughrigg top - Rothay Bridge. Mainly overcast, occasional sunshine, a cool breeze at times, a few drops of rain in the first 20 minutes but none after that. Terrain damp, slippery in places. Lots on Loughrigg, not many elsewhere. The perfect temperature for running.