Page 176 of 300 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2998

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Ventured out of Yorkshire for a run in the Derbyshire Dales. Based in Buxton as my Mother In Law is not well and we are having to do a lot of care. Parked at Brierlow Bar and ran down Deep Dale and up and across to Chelmorton. Various footpaths to Horseshoe dale and up Backdale to the car. Made a nice change to be in the Dales, though a lot of nettles resulted in well stung legs.
    I must bend back 50 - 100 bracken stems a day on the routes I take, but I draw the line at nettles and brambles - they go straight through my gloves, and at times even through the combination of tights and waterproofs that I wear a lot of the time. How people run in shorts .....

Master
    8.32 miles, 3,418 feet, 3 hours 24 minutes: ODG - The Band - Three Tarns - Crinkle Crags - Pike O'Blisco - ODG.
    Overcast, cloud base just a couple of hundred feet above the valley floor, constant light to moderate rain, a strong but not cold wind on the tops. Terrain saturated and very slippery. Only saw three others on the fells.

I only lost 93 feet in height behind the Crinkles.

Master
    12.33 miles, 3,553 feet, 4 hours 15 minutes: Elterwater Common - Silver How - Lang How - Swinescar Pike - Sergeant Man - High Raise - High White Stones - Sergeant Man - back the way I had come. Sunshine and clouds, and some patches of fog/mist; no wind nor rain, the perfect temperature for running. Terrain wet and slippery. Not many on the fells.

Master
    11.71 miles, 4,634 feet, 4 hours 25 minutes: Traveller's Rest - Bracken Hause - Helm Crag - Calf Crag - Steel Fell - Steel End - Dunmail Raise - Seat Sandal - Winterseeds - Traveller's Rest. Overcast, cloud base at about 500 feet, virtually constant drizzle/light rain, no significant wind, not cold. Waterproof top not used. Terrain saturated and slippery. Very few on the fells.

My 255's coped well with the steep descent to Steel End.

I missed the path coming off Seat Sandal - I realised straight away, and thought I would find it lower down - having lost about 450 feet in height I had to go back up and start again. Silly boy.

Master
    10.53 miles, 4,161 feet, 3 hours 44 minutes: Traveller's Rest - Winterseeds - Grisedale Tarn - Helvellyn - Grisedale Tarn - Seat Sandal - Winterseeds - Traveller's Rest. Sunshine and high clouds - very clear - even the highest tops were cloud free. A cool breeze, no rain; terrain damp/wet and slippery.

Lots of walkers on Helvellyn, and I saw two other runners; parking areas very busy.

Master
    13.32 miles, 5,556 feet, 5 hours 32 minutes: Langdale Horseshoe race route, going over Esk Pike, and around the Bad Step. Sunshine and clouds, the high tops were cloud free; a pleasant cool breeze, no rain - perfect running temperature. Terrain anything from dry to wet to saturated and slippery. Not many on the fells - quite a few walkers low down in the valley.

The ODG carpark was only about half full.

A dog had escaped from its owners and was pottering along the road from Skelwith Bridge to Ambleside at little more than walking pace - its owners were keeping level with it in their car - it was ignoring their calls - there was a huge tailback. Such fun.

Master
    10.87 miles, 3,391 feet, 3 hours 11 minutes: Wansfell Pike from two sides, including once up and twice down the race route from/to the kissing gate. Overcast, a nice cool breeze, the odd spot of rain, not cold. Terrain mainly damp, not particularly slippery. Quite a few walkers on the main steps and at the top of the Pike.

Master
    11.41 miles, 2,388 feet, 2 hours 57 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Overcast, the cloud base was below the high tops. No wind, no rain, not cold. Terrain damp, not particularly slippery. Lots of walkers - scattered over the fell rather than concentrated at the top; one other runner seen.

Master
    12.36 miles, 4,449 feet, 3 hours 51 minutes: Elterwater - Silver How - Lang How - Swinescar Pike - Blea Rigg - Sergeant Man - High Raise - High White Stones - Sergeant Man - back more or less the way I had come. Overcast, the clouds just catching the highest tops. A very strong cold wind above 1,000 feet or so. No rain; terrain very variable, anything from dry to saturated and slippery. A few walkers about, but not many. Parking areas very busy.

Master
    15.53 miles, 4,318 feet, 4 hours 34 minutes: Fairfield Horseshoe clockwise from Rothay Bridge, also taking in Grisedale Tarn and Cofa Pike. I went around the three tops on the way up, and came down the Rock Step. Glorious sunshine, not too warm, a pleasant cool breeze on the tops. No rain, terrain anything from dry to damp to saturated and slippery. Quite a few walkers spread over the fells, and I came across a single fell runner a couple of times.