Page 193 of 303 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 3022

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Hi Mike

The continuous stretch of daily runs that you achieved was INCREDIBLE! Especially given the terrain, distance, weather, time on feet, etc…… You certainly didn’t make it easy for yourself.

All the best with your recovery!
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Master
    4.96 miles, 1,607 feet, 2 hours 14 minutes: Elterwater - Silver How - Lang How - Swinescar Pike - Silver How - Elterwater. A walk with my partner. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 1,300 feet. No rain nor wind. Terrain dry in many places, only slippery where damp/wet. Very few about - we only saw three other people.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Hi Mike

The continuous stretch of daily runs that you achieved was INCREDIBLE! Especially given the terrain, distance, weather, time on feet, etc…… You certainly didn’t make it easy for yourself.

All the best with your recovery!

Thanks Darren - looking forward to running again soon.

Master
    7.36 miles, 1,765 feet, 2 hours 49 minutes: Loughrigg trails - a walk with my partner. Cloudy, the occasional patch of blue sky, no wind nor rain. Terrain mainly dry. Lots of people on the main paths and on Todd Crag and Loughrigg top - luckily the other paths are virtually deserted.

Master
    7.2 miles, 2,150 feet, 3 hours 10 minutes: Traveller's Rest - Steel Fell - Calf Crag - Gibson Knott - Bracken Hause - Traveller's Rest. A walk with my partner. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,500 feet; no rain, a cold wind from the north west. Terrain mainly dry, but damp/wet and slippery in places. Lots of walkers heading from Helm Crag towards Calf Crag. Town and parking areas very busy.

Master
    7.13 miles, 1,953 feet, 2 hours 54 minutes: Loughrigg trails - a walk with my partner. Lovely sunshine, some high clouds on the horizon, a cool breeze at times, terrain mainly dry but frozen/frosty/slippery in places where out of the sun. Quite a few walkers on the main paths. Somebody dropped a pair of gloves on one of the minor tops - they looked expensive and new - we left them there hoping their owner would retrace their steps once they realised what they had done.

I could not miss the opportunity of a clear sky on a Wolf moon so a friend and I went for a walk up Wolfscote Hill from Heathcote. Only 5 miles in total and no headtorch required.

There was no wind whatsoever and when we got to the TP we both took our gloves off as we were warm. We found this rather strange as we sat, taking in the 360 degree views. We then realised that the warmth was coming from the limestone pavement around the summit that had been basking in the sun all day. As soon as we dropped down and below the limestone it was gloves back on as it was chilly.

When we got back to the car the windscreen had a layer of frost on it and Heathcote Mere a thin layer of ice.

Looking forward to the Snow Moon on February 16th!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    5.38 miles, 2,272 feet, 2 hours 45 minutes: Traveller's Rest - Winterseeds - Grisedale Tarn - Seat Sandal - South Ridge - Traveller's Rest. Another walk with my partner. An inversion, with dense fog in the valley until 1,000 feet, then clear until re-entering cloud at about 2,000 feet. A cold wind from the north on the top. Terrain icy in places, but mainly dry on the descent. We saw 5 other people throughout.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I could not miss the opportunity of a clear sky on a Wolf moon so a friend and I went for a walk up Wolfscote Hill from Heathcote. Only 5 miles in total and no headtorch required.

There was no wind whatsoever and when we got to the TP we both took our gloves off as we were warm. We found this rather strange as we sat, taking in the 360 degree views. We then realised that the warmth was coming from the limestone pavement around the summit that had been basking in the sun all day. As soon as we dropped down and below the limestone it was gloves back on as it was chilly.

When we got back to the car the windscreen had a layer of frost on it and Heathcote Mere a thin layer of ice.

Looking forward to the Snow Moon on February 16th!
    Some of the winegrowers in the south of France attribute the quality of their grapes to the radiant heat from the numerous rocks on the ground in the vineyards.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    4.7 miles, 521ft, 3 hrs exactly. Walking with my mum, who is 85, on the western edge of the beautiful Manifold valley right at the bottom of the Peak District. There was a lengthy lunch stop, and I did take 73 photos, so my Garmin tells me we were only moving for 2hrs and 2 minutes.

7 degrees C with a cloudless sky and a very light, but cold, breeze from the north. Apart from crossing the roads, we didn't meet or see a single human in the three hours we were out. Village deserted and car park empty

Here's what you missed

85 years old and still so active - lucky lady.