Page 199 of 304 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 3031

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

My brother, sister in law and nephews are staying in Ambleside this week Mike.

Although i highly doubt they are clocking up your kind of mileage!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    My brother, sister in law and nephews are staying in Ambleside this week Mike.

Although i highly doubt they are clocking up your kind of mileage!
    It is a shame they have to put up with such a dodgy week weather wise - but if you have the right kit and the appropriate mindset then it is exciting!

I doubt they'll be considering kit choice too much... they'll just be doing the usual tourist stuff.... Brockhole, Grizedale, Preist Hole Sunday Lunch, etc.... i've told my brother to put some waterproofs on and get my nephew up Loughrigg, but i doubt it'll happen!

Master
    8.41 miles, 2,832 feet, 2 hours 42 minutes: Loughrigg trails, ascending via the rough zig-zag path from Clappersgate, descending via the track past the old golf club to Miller Bridge, and taking in Todd and Ivy Crags, Loughrigg top, and down to the road at High Close. Sunshine and clouds, with the cloud base at about 2,000 feet, with patchy white stuff on the ground above 1,000 feet. A strong cold wind from the north west, with intermittent showers of graupel. Terrain wet and slippery. Quite a few walkers on the fell, despite the conditions. Wind blown graupel in the face is not exactly fun.

Master
    9.05 miles, 2,338 feet, 3 hours 18 minutes: Wansfell Pike, including along the ridge to the true top and back. Sunshine and clouds; the cloud base was above the high tops. Some white stuff on the ground above about 1,400 feet, but no ice at the level I was at. No precipitation. A moderate wind from the west. Lots of walkers at the top of the Pike; one fellow runner seen.

I again tried to go past the Roman Ruins, but the ground is still under water in places - I have no doubt it would go over the top of my waterproof socks. Borrans Park inspired some drills and strides - the latter 20 x 85 yards or so, so about a mile of fast running - very unusual for me.

Master
    11.57 miles, 3,816 feet, 3 hours 48 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Clappersgate zig-zag path - Todd and Ivy Crags - Loughrigg top - High Close - Silver How - High Close - Loughrigg top - golf club track - Miller Bridge - Rothay Bridge. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,500 feet; a few minutes of weak sunshine from time to time. No precipitation, no white stuff nor ice underfoot on this route. Terrain damp/wet and slippery in places. A moderate wind from the south west. Quite a few walkers on the main routes; 5 fellow runners seen.

Master
    12.09 miles, 3,905 feet, 4 hours 4 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Miller Bridge - Low Sweden Bridge - up the Rock Step - Low and High Pikes - Dove Crag - Scandale - Red Screes - Roundhill Farm - Ambleside. Sunny, with a few high clouds. A strong cold wind from the south on the tops - almost still in the valley. No Precipitation. Patchy snow and lots of ice above 1,800 feet. Terrain anything from dry to wet/saturated to crunchy to frozen solid - slippery in places. Quite a few walkers on the main routes. Microspikes carried but not used.

Master
    9.01 miles, 2,146 feet, 3 hours 3 minutes: Wansfell Pike, ascending via Borrans Park, the Waterhead steps and Skelghyll Woods; descending via the Hundreds Road, High Skelghyll, and Blue Hill Woods. Overcast, with a very low cloud base at about 500 feet. Constant light to moderate rain. No significant wind. Terrain saturated/streaming and slippery. I only saw six others on the fell.

Drills, and, in total, one and a half miles of strides done in Borrans Park.

Master
    9.62 miles, 2,831 feet, 3 hours 2 minutes: Loughrigg trails, taking in Fishgarths Wood, Todd and Ivy Crags, Lily Tarn, Loughrigg top, and down to the road at High Close. Virtually wall to wall sunshine; the occasional thin high cloud. A gentle breeze from the west. No precipitation. Terrain anything from dry to saturated to crunchy/frozen - very slippery in places. Patchy snow visible on the very high tops. Lots of walkers on the main routes.

Master
    8.72 miles, 2,802 feet, 3 hours 9 minutes: Wansfell Pike, including the Roman Ruins, Borrans Park, and once down and once up the race route to/from the kissing gate. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 1,800 feet. Constant drizzle/light rain. A cold wind from the south. Terrain saturated and slippery. I only two other people on the fell.

Drills and one and a half miles worth of 80 metre strides done in Borrans Park.