Page 2 of 299 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Banned
    Half hour on the mountain bike with OH. Roads are so quiet I dare ride on them.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    50-minute walk/jog on local paths. Plenty of walkers, and also cyclists on the bridleway section, but everyone keeping their distance when passing.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

A lovely warm and sunny 8 mile circular walk from home with son and dogs today, taking in Magpie Mine and Lathkill Dale. Saw only six other folk out.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Lovely walk on the Gritstone edges of Curbar and Froggatt again this evening. Can't help noticing a proliferation of tissues alongside the paths, people taking the 'bin it' advice without the common sense.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    Lovely walk on the Gritstone edges of Curbar and Froggatt again this evening. Can't help noticing a proliferation of tissues alongside the paths, people taking the 'bin it' advice without the common sense.
    There has been a disintegrating tissue on a small bush near a route I do for a couple of weeks - it is a jolly slow process - I don't know how long any virus on it would last - of course I do not touch/tread on it. Abandoned tissues are a major irritation - people seem to be really reluctant to pick them up once dropped - mainly accidentally under normal circumstances I assume - may be different now.
    I am reminded of a valley in Crete - used to be known as the valley of the butterflies - so many came they may as well have changed it to the valley of the tour buses - now our routes are the abandoned tissue routes.

My daily route takes me through an NT car park at the beach, NT say they’ve shut it, what they have actually done is cover the meter thereby making it free parking, my solitary run is now full of people parking up and walking on the beach, ironically they weren’t there before all of this

Banned
    Mike T : Wife says typically wont last longer than 72 hours on tissue. It’s a non encapsulated RNA virus. She should know as a biotech science director, that uses live virus. It can last longer on surfaces than tissues.
    Last edited by Oracle; 26-03-2020 at 12:28 PM.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    So am I allowed to drive 3 or 4 miles to go for a run? I was assuming it was best not to but seems like people are still going for walks in the countryside and presumably driving to get there. A few cars up at NT Clent Hills when I cycled past.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    So am I allowed to drive 3 or 4 miles to go for a run? I was assuming it was best not to but seems like people are still going for walks in the countryside and presumably driving to get there. A few cars up at NT Clent Hills when I cycled past.
    Not in the spirit of the lockdown in my opinion, I would imagine that unless someone lives on a roundabout in the middle of the M6 then it’s possible to exercise from the front door, I have heard that the police are now stopping cars to find out where people are going and for what.
    It is amazing how many people are out and about running/ cycling etc are these all of the people that throw 40 quid a month at gyms?

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Cars and pedestrians being stopped in Birmingham. As an essential supplier to the NHS, all of our staff now have to carry a letter explaining the status of the company and confirming their need to travel.