Page 202 of 304 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 3034

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    8.53 miles, 3,703 feet, 3 hours 10 minutes: Wansfell Pike from three sides, including once down and once up the race route to/from the kissing gate. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,500 feet. A strong wind from the south west; a few minutes of drizzle/light rain. Terrain mainly dry with good grip. Very few about; one fellow runner seen.

Master
    13.15 miles, 4,303 feet, 4 hours 17 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Clappersgate - Todd Crag - Loughrigg top - High Close - Swinescar Pike - Lang How - Silver How - High Close - Loughrigg top - old golf club track - Miller Bridge - Rothay Bridge. Overcast, with the cloud base above the high tops. Intermittent drizzle/light rain. A strong wind from the south. Terrain damp but not that slippery. Very few about.

Master
    9.79 miles, 3,436 feet, 3 hours 32 minutes: Wanfsell Pike, including along the ridge to the true top and back, and once down the race route to the kissing gate. Sunshine and clouds, and, for the first hour or so, intermittent drizzle/light rain. The cloud base was at about 2,500 feet. A strong wind from the south at the top of the Pike, not so bad elsewhere. Terrain saturated and slippery - there was clearly a lot of rain overnight. Lots of walkers on the main routes; three fellow fell runners seen.

Master
    11.55 miles, 3,829 feet, 4 hours 6 minutes: Elterwater Common - Swinescar Pike - Blea Rigg - Sergeant Man - High Raise - back much the same way, but also taking in Lang How and Silver How. Sunshine and clouds, mainly the latter; the cloud base just caught the highest tops. A few minutes of drizzle. That strong wind from the south is still present. Terrain anything from dry to saturated - slippery in places. Not many walkers about; seven fellow runners seen.

A group of five runners was going the same way as me, so we were close to each other for quite some time. They had two dogs with them, not on leads, and they were shouting to them every 20 to 30 seconds - not exactly peaceful - or am I turning into a grumpy old man?

Master
    10.51 miles, 2,795 feet, 3 hours 7 minutes: Loughrigg trails, including the Roman Ruins, Borrans park, Todd and Ivy Crags, Lily Tarn, Loughrigg top, down to the road at High Close, and the track past the old golf club to Millers Bridge. Overcast, with some shafts of sunlight; the cloud base was at about 2,500 feet. A strong wind from the south. No precipitation. Terrain mainly dry/damp, but wet and slippery in places. Not many walkers about; two other runners seen.

Master
    11.67 miles, 3,422 feet, 4 hours 7 minutes: Elterwater Common to High Raise and back, taking in Swinescar Pike, Blea Rigg, Sergeant Man, Lang How and Silver How. Overcast, with high clouds above the highest tops. No precipitation. That cold wind from the south persists. Terrain mainly damp/wet - slippery in place. Very few about.

Master
    7.45 miles, 2,789 feet, 2 hours 58 minutes: Wansfell Pike from two sides, including once down and once up the race route to/from the kissing gate. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 1,200 feet. Constant drizzle/light rain. A gentle breeze from the south west. Terrain wet and slippery. Very few about.

I have tested positive for Covid - the faintest of faint lines for me - my partner is positive as well - a very thick line on her test; we both have sore throats but are otherwise OK. When out I am staying well away from others, and not going into any enclosed spaces. A friend is doing our shopping. Both of us are taking it easy for a bit.

I hope you and your partner are not too ill with it. Hurray for vaccinations.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I hope you and your partner are not too ill with it. Hurray for vaccinations.
    Thanks noel - yes, thankfully both of us are double vaxxed and boosted.

Master
    11.44 miles, 1,883 feet, 3 hours 11 minutes: Loughrigg trails, taking in the Roman Ruins, Borrans Park, Brathay trails, Todd Crag, Lily tarn, and Loughrigg top. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 1,200 feet initially, higher later. Intermittent drizzle/light rain. A breeze from the south. Terrain damp/wet/saturated and slippery in places. Some school parties on the fell, otherwise very few about.