Page 205 of 304 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 3032

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    10.65 miles, 3,806 feet, 4 hours 2 minutes: Elterwater Common to Sergeant Man and back, taking in Silver How, Lang How, Swinescar Pike, and Blea Rigg. Sunshine and clouds, with the cloud base above the high tops. A very cold wind from the north, with some brief snow/graupel flurries. Patchy snow on the ground above 2,300 feet. Terrain mainly dry, but icy and slippery in places. I only saw about a dozen people on the fells.

Luckily I was triple layered top and bottom. I could have done with a second pair of gloves.

Master
    8.72 miles, 3,006 feet, 2 hours 54 minutes: Wansfell Pike from three sides, including along the ridge to Wansfell true top, and once down the race route. Sunshine and high clouds, and a cold breeze from the north. No rain/snow. Terrain frozen hard in many places, grip mostly good as long as actual ice was avoided. Lots of walkers about, and one fellow runners.

I was triple layered again, which was just right. I did not need the extra pair of gloves I was carrying.

Master
    11.09 miles, 3,326 feet, 3 hours 59 minutes: Elterwater Common - Swinescar Pike - Blea Rigg - Sergeant Man - Stickle Tarn - Blea Rigg - Swinescar Pike - Lang How - Silver How - Elterwater Common. Sunshine and clouds, with the cloud base just catching the high tops. Very little snow now left. A cool breeze from the north. No precipitation whilst I was out. Terrain mainly dry with good grip. Not many walkers about; I saw two fellow runners.
    I was down to two layers on my top half for most of the time - luckily there was very little in the way of wind.

Master
    10.31 miles, 3,048 feet, 3 hours 10 minutes: Loughrigg trails from Rothay Bridge, ascending via Fox Ghyll, descending past the old golf club to Miller Bridge, and taking in Ivy and Todd Crags, Lily Tarn, Loughrigg top, and down to the road at High close. Sunshine and clouds, mainly the latter; most of the high tops were cloud free. Only a few patches of snow left. A cold breeze from the north. No precipitation. Terrain dry with good grip. Quite few walkers on the main paths; five fellow runners seen.

My three layers, top and bottom, stayed on today.

Master
    9.26 miles, 3,049 feet, 3 hours: Wansfell Pike, and along the ridge to the true top and back; also taking in the Roman Ruins, Borrans Park, Stagshaw Gardens, the Champion Tree Trail, and the race route descent to the kissing gate. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,000 feet. A moderate wind from the north west. Intermittent drizzle/light rain. Terrain damp, good grip except on rock. Not many about.

Master
    11.61 miles, 3,098 feet, 3 hours 24 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Roman Ruins - Borrans Park - Clappersgate zig-zags - Todd Crag - Lily Tarn - Ivy Crag - Loughrigg top - down to the road at High Close - Loughrigg top - old golf club track to Miller Bridge - Rothay Bridge. Overcast and misty, with the cloud base at about 1,600 feet, and none of the distant fells visible. Constant drizzle/light rain, and a moderate wind from the west - it was not cold, but I did keep 3 layers on top and bottom. Quite a few walkers about; no other runners seen.

Staying in Little Haven, Pembrokeshire, so a run on the coast path was in order. Ran quiet back roads to St Brides Haven and back along the coast path to Little Haven. Lovely coastal scenery and not too muddy, though stormy weather. No other people seen until I got back to Little Haven. 12 Miles and 400m of ascent.
    Last edited by MattPo; 06-04-2022 at 12:20 PM.

Stayed at Little Haven as a kid. We only ever went to Wales or Devon/Cornwall.

Used to love scrambling round the rocks from Little Haven to Broad Haven via that quiet beach in between.

Master
    9.28 miles, 3,722 feet, 3 hours 17 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Roman Ruins - Borrans Park - Wansfell Pike from two sides, including along the ridge to the true top and back, and twice down and once up the race route to/from the kissing gate. Sunshine and clouds, mainly the latter, with the cloud base at about 2,500 feet. Intermittent drizzle/light rain. A moderate wind from the south west. Terrain damp/wet/saturated and slippery in places. Lots of walkers on the Wansfell steps; very few elsewhere.

Master
    10.64 miles, 4,024 feet, 4 hours 5 minutes: Elterwater Common - Swinescar Pike - Blea Rigg - Sergeant Man - Blea Rigg - Swinescar Pike - Lang How - Silver How - Elterwater Common. Overcast, with the occasional glimpse of blue sky. A strong cold wind from the north west. Patchy snow on the ground above 2,300 feet; the cloud base was at about 2,800 feet. Intermittent rain/wet snow/graupel. Terrain anything from damp to wet to saturated to patchy snow and ice - very slippery in places. I saw about twenty walkers while I was out, and no other runners.

I was certainly glad to be triple layered top and bottom.
    Last edited by Mike T; 07-04-2022 at 06:10 PM.