Page 208 of 304 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 3035

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    7.48 miles, 3,245 feet, 3 hours 11 minutes: NDG - Stickle Tarn - North Rake - Thunacar Knott - High Raise - Sergeant Man - Blea Rigg - Stickle Tarn - NDG. Sunshine and high fluffy clouds; a strong wind from the east. No rain. Terrain dry and firm with good grip. Not many walkers about, though the car parks and cafes were heaving. Three fellow runners seen.

Two layers on my top half were just OK - that wind made it quite cold - lots were wearing shorts - I was glad I had three layers on my legs.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    I'm continually impressed at your running prowess Mike.

On Tuesday, I clocked up just under 15 miles in 2hr 49 mins running from Carhullan (just above Bampton), up to Loadpot hill and then along the ridge to High Street and back (2831 ft), all the while thinking to myself Mike T does this day after day!

Ran again last night, out my back door making an effort to clock 7.01 miles in 1hr 17 mins (1181 ft)and my legs and ankles felt, erm 'tender'. If I'm lucky I'll have notched up a measly 30 miles by Sunday. You're an inspiration Mike, which helps with my own motivation.
    Thanks Mossdog - well done on your runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    I'm continually impressed at your running prowess Mike.

On Tuesday, I clocked up just under 15 miles in 2hr 49 mins running from Carhullan (just above Bampton), up to Loadpot hill and then along the ridge to High Street and back (2831 ft), all the while thinking to myself Mike T does this day after day!

Ran again last night, out my back door making an effort to clock 7.01 miles in 1hr 17 mins (1181 ft)and my legs and ankles felt, erm 'tender'. If I'm lucky I'll have notched up a measly 30 miles by Sunday. You're an inspiration Mike, which helps with my own motivation.

Very rare to bump into anyone on the Loadpot - High Street ridge. I love it...!

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Very rare to bump into anyone on the Loadpot - High Street ridge. I love it...!
    Me too. If running from Askham, I prefer to veer off the direct route to the trig, near Lambert Lad, and follow the bridleway (the Roman road), which curves around,'the back' to the currick/shelter, and then up to the trig. The views down towards Howtown are better.

It's a splendid horse ride too, when the ground is dry enough, and you can then follow the green-trod to the east, down to the lane near Howe, and back to Helton/Askham.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    12.23 miles, 5,513 feet (I have no doubt the wind has exaggerated this reading), 5 hours 24 minutes: ODG - Stool End Farm - Mickleden - Rossett Gill steps - Esk Hause shelter - Esk Pike (going over to the right, rather than under to he left) - Bowfell - Crinkle Crags - Pike o'Blisco - ODG. Sunshine and high clouds, and a very strong blustery wind from the north. No rain. Terrain dry and firm with good grip. Not many walkers about. Three fellow runners seen - two were intermittently jogging up the Rossett Gill steps, and a well known champion fell runner was descending from Esk Pike at speed, making it look so easy.

Blakey Blitz Fell race was permitted today, and a fine trot out! Stiff east wind, not many walker but a lot of runners - most of whom were faster than me!

Master
    8.71 miles, 3,125 feet, 3 hours 38 minutes: NDG - Stickle Tarn (c/w for a change) - North Rake - Thunacar Knott - Martcrag Moor - High Raise - Sergeant Man - Stickle Tarn - NDG. Initially quite sunny, but soon lots of high clouds came over; a moderate wind from the east. No rain - terrain dry with good grip. Very few about.

The bracken is unfortunately coming back to life.

Master
    [QUOTE=Mike T;678803]8.71 miles, 3,125 feet, 3 hours 38 minutes: NDG - Stickle Tarn (c/w for a change) - North Rake - Thunacar Knott - Martcrag Moor - High Raise - Sergeant Man - Stickle Tarn - NDG. Initially quite sunny, but soon lots of high clouds came over; a moderate wind from the east. No rain - terrain dry with good grip. Very few about.

The bracken is unfortunately coming back to life.[/QUOTE]

As are the Ticks
    The older I get the Faster I was

Master
    9.04 miles, 3,014 feet, 2 hours 53 minutes: Wansfell Pike from three sides, taking in the Roman Ruins, Borrans Park, Stagshaw Gardens, the Champion Tree Trail, along the ridge to the true top, and the race descent. Sunshine and high clouds, and virtually no wind. No rain - terrain dry and firm with good grip. Quite a few walkers about. Two fellow runners seen. I was fine with two layers top and bottom.

Today I heard my first cuckoo of the season.

As I was approaching the Pike for the third time, a helicopter came in to land. I don't know if it was dropping off rocks or picking up a casualty. When I was about 50 feet from the top a chap tried to stop me because of the helicopter's presence. It was immobile, silent, and empty - hmmm.

And to add to the excitement, a herd of about 15 cows had stampeded in front of me near the Roman Ruins.
    Last edited by Mike T; 26-04-2022 at 02:05 PM.

Master
    [QUOTE=JohnK;678806]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    8.71 miles, 3,125 feet, 3 hours 38 minutes: NDG - Stickle Tarn (c/w for a change) - North Rake - Thunacar Knott - Martcrag Moor - High Raise - Sergeant Man - Stickle Tarn - NDG. Initially quite sunny, but soon lots of high clouds came over; a moderate wind from the east. No rain - terrain dry with good grip. Very few about.

The bracken is unfortunately coming back to life.[/QUOTE]

As are the Ticks
    I keep my legs fully covered - 2XU tights minimum - and rub Mosi-guard on my arms and neck - year round.