Page 232 of 305 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 3044

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    9.66 miles, 3,135 feet, 2 hours 59 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 2 sides (west, then east), including along the ridge to the true top. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,000 feet. Virtually continuous drizzle/light rain. A moderate wind from the south. Terrain saturated and slippery. Given the weather, I was surprised how many walkers were on the fell, though of course it is half term. No other runners seen.

From the Pike, along the ridge to the true top, down to the top of Nanny Lane, and back up to the Pike from the east is about 2.3 miles and 800 feet of up - a nice circuit apart from the muddy section at the top of Nanny Lane.

Master
    9.83 miles, 2,678 feet, 3 hours 18 minutes: Loughrigg trails, including down the race route to the road at High Close, up the steps from Loughrigg Tarn, and I visited Ivy Crag for the first time in ages. Sunshine and clouds, mainly the latter, with the cloud base at about 2,500 feet. A few minutes of drizzle; a moderate breeze from the south west. Terrain saturated and very slippery. Lots of walkers on the fell; 2 fellow runners seen.

Master
    10.77 miles, 3,245 feet, 3 hours 31 minutes: Wansfell Pike from the west, along the ridge to the true top, then back to the Pike from the east. Overcast, with the cloud base initially at about 1,250 feet; higher later with the sun appearing at times. A moderate breeze from the south; a few minutes of drizzle. Terrain saturated/streaming and slippery, though I managed to stay on my feet today. Lots of walkers about; no other runners seen.

Master
    8.13 miles, 2,645 feet, 2 hours 40 minutes: Loughrigg trails, ascending via Fox Ghyll and the path along to and behind the caves, and going down the race route to the road at High Close, and up the Loughrigg Tarn steps.
    Sunshine, clouds, and showers, with the cloud base at about 2,500 feet. A strong blustery wind from the south. Terrain streaming and very slippery. Lots of walkers on the fell; 4 fellow runners seen.

This was the first time I have been up Fox Ghyll and up the path behind the caves for months. The Fox Ghyll path today was as named - a ghyll. The path up behind the caves was OK, but I will leave Fox Ghyll alone for a while.

I've never been to the caves on Loughrigg... when i was on Loughrigg Terrace a couple of weeks ago i spotted the signpost up to the caves, really i should have made the short detour.

Master
    7.06 miles, 284 feet, 1 hour 44 minutes: Borrans Park: 6 different drills - 4 x 30 seconds; then 3 miles of short intervals - between 0.06 and 0.1 miles - recovery: until my breathing had started to settle. Overcast with the cloud base at about 600 feet; almost constant drizzle. Terrain saturated. No wind; not cold. Quite a few walkers and 4 swimmers in the park; 1 fellow runner seen.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I've never been to the caves on Loughrigg... when i was on Loughrigg Terrace a couple of weeks ago i spotted the signpost up to the caves, really i should have made the short detour.
    They are worth a look, but not when busy during half term. Best as part of a walk, rather than breaking up a run.

Master
    9.24 miles, 982 feet, 1 hour 42 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Bog Lane - Skelwith Fold - Skelwith Bridge - Drunken Duck - Sunny Brow - Drunken Duck - Clappersgate - Rothay Bridge. Sunshine and high clouds, a few minutes of drizzle, a moderate breeze from the south, not at all cold. This was all on tarmac, which was streaming in many places, and there were puddles where I had not seen them before. Very few about on this route.

It is unusual for me to run this sort of distance non stop - apart from 2 photo opportunities. A nice change.

Master
    8.05 miles, 2,608 feet, 2 hours 36 minutes: Wansfell Pike from the west, plus some other bits and bobs to increase distance and height. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,000 feet. Constant drizzle/light rain after the first half an hour. Terrain streaming and slippery. No significant wind. Lots of walkers on the main steps up to the Pike. No other runners seen.

I wore my Inov-8 top today, resulting in a drenched base layer. My Shake-dry is so much better.

Master
    10.19 miles, 2,915 feet, 3 hours 18 minutes: Loughrigg trails, ascending/descending via Clappersgate, Fishgarths Wood and Todd Crag, and going up the Loughrigg Tarn steps, and down/up the race route to the road at High Close. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,000 feet. A few minutes of drizzle; a few minutes of sunshine; a moderate wind from the south west. Terrain saturated and slippery. Quite a few walkers about; 3 fellow AAC runners seen.

I came across a couple who were looking for their dog - and I met them again with it; apparently it had a GPS tracker on and that is how they found it.