Page 239 of 304 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 3034

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    I walked down to the chickens and collected an egg, brought some logs in and generally pottered - day 3 of covid is now a mild head cold ������.
    Sounds like you are on the mend - excellent news.

Master
    9.45 miles, 1,007 feet, 1 hour 59 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Under Loughrigg - Pelter Bridge - Grasmere shore - Deerbolts Wood - Loughrigg Terrace - Rydal Park - Miller Bridge - Rothay Bridge. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 1,500 feet. Virtually constant drizzle. No significant wind at this level. Terrain saturated/streaming - I have no doubt it was slippery but I did not test it - 99% of my run was on tarmac/gravel paths. Lots of walkers about. 3 other runners seen.

I wore my Trailflys again - they are so comfortable - a pity they have no grip on mud/wet grass.

Master
    9.5 miles, 3,101 feet, 3 hours 6 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 2 sides (west, then south), including up/down the race route from/to the kissing gate. Mainly overcast, with the cloud base at about 1,500 feet; occasional patches of blue sky. No significant wind, no rain. Terrain saturated/streaming and slippery. Lots of walkers on the Wansfell steps; 1 fellow runner seen.

Master
    8.76 miles, 2,587 feet, 2 hours 52 minutes: Loughrigg trails, including down the race route to the road at High Close, and up the steps overlooking Loughrigg Tarn. Overcast with some patches of blue sky; no definite cloud base - banks of cloud at various levels obscuring some tops. No significant wind; a few minutes of drizzle. Terrain saturated and slippery. Not many walkers on the fell; no other runners seen.

Master
    7.66 miles, 3,152 feet, 3 hours 6 minutes: Wansfell Pike 3 times, twice from the west, once from the east, so twice up and once down the race route from/to the kissing gate, and also along the ridge to the true top. A lovely inversion - the top of the inversion cloud was at about 400 feet when I set off; it had risen to about 800 feet as I descended, and become denser and more extensive. Above the inversion there was blue sky and thin high clouds; no wind nor rain. A lot of the ground was frosty/crunchy, with ice on some puddles. Elsewhere it was saturated and slippery. Not many walkers about; no other runners seen.

Master
    8.25 miles, 1,414 feet, 1 hour 37 minutes: 5 of the 8 AAC training hills of Ambleside, 3 of them twice. So all on damp bitumen. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 500 feet. No wind nor rain. A few shoppers about; 2 other runners seen.

Master
    10.9 miles, 2,688 feet, 3 hours 29 minutes: Loughrigg trails. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 1,200 feet; below this the valleys were fog bound below about 400 feet - so it was reasonably clear between 400 feet and 1,200 feet. No wind nor rain. Terrain damp/wet and slippery. I saw about a dozen walkers on the fell, and there were 2 other runners in the valley.

I included one of my favourite loops: Loughrigg top - race route descent to the road at High Close - left along the road - through the next gate signed to Loughrigg Tarn - up the steps overlooking the tarn - back to the top. It is 1.25 miles, and 700 feet of down/up.

Master
    9.23 miles, 2,677 feet, 3 hours 20 minutes: Loughrigg trails, including the loop described above. From the top of Todd Crag, which is 700 feet above sea level, above was high clouds with patches of blue sky, and below was an inversion, with the valleys fog bound up to about 500 feet. No significant wind, a few minutes of drizzle. About 20 walkers seen; I did not come across any other runners either on the fell or in the valley.

I was hoping to meet the AAC Tuesday/Friday group, which was starting from Rydal, but they went up Nab Scar to Alcock Tarn.

Your photos today were stunning, Mike.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Your photos today were stunning, Mike.
    Thanks Travs.

There is a chap in the AAC group with a virtually identical camera who usually takes similar photos to mine when presented with the same scenery - but today, in these conditions, Nab Scar was obviously an inferior view point to Loughrigg.