Page 246 of 304 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 3034

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    10.54 miles, 3,170 feet, 3 hours 31 minutes: Loughrigg trails, including Todd and Ivy Crags, Lily Tarn, and down the race route to the road at High Close and back up again. Overcast, with quite dense fog to the valley floor. No actual rain, but mizzly. No wind. Most of the ground is now soft at this level; it is mainly damp rather than wet or saturated; grip very variable and rather unpredictable. Not many walkers about; 2 other runners seen.

I forgot to mention that I saw a couple of red squirrels yesterday when descending Wansfell.

Master
    9.37 miles, 3,167 feet, 3 hours 9 minutes: Wansfell Pike, including up/down the race route from/to the kissing gate. Initially misty/foggy to the valley floor - later this melted away and the cloud base was above most of the high tops, and there were some patches of blue sky. A moderate breeze from the west. Almost constant mizzle/drizzle. Terrain damp/wet and slippery in places. Very few walkers about; no other runners seen.

Master
    10.49 miles, 3,452 feet, 3 hours 29 minutes: Ambleside - Low Sweden Bridge - rock step - Low Pike - High Pike - High Bakestones - Scandale - Red Screes - Golden Rule - Ambleside. Sunshine and clouds; most of the tops were cloud free. A few minutes of drizzle. A strong cold wind from the north east. Terrain mostly crunchy/hard above 1,200 feet; soft and mainly damp below that. Traction pretty good. Very little snow on the ground that I covered. Not many walkers about; no other runners seen.

Master
    10.07 miles, 3,332 feet, 3 hours 25 minutes: Wansfell Pike, including along the ridge to the true top, and up/down the race route from/to the kissing gate. Sunshine and clouds, the cloud base was at about 2,500 feet. No precipitation; no significant wind. Lots of crunchy/hard ground - the actual surface is mainly dry/damp. Grip quite good. Lots of walkers on the fell; I came across 1 other runner, a fellow AAC member, on the ridge.

Master
    11.11 miles, 3,297 feet, 3 hours 37 minutes: Loughrigg Silver How Chase race route, with some variations, and not necessarily in the right order - the main variations were ascending via Clappersgate and Todd Crag, and taking in Lily Tarn on the way out rather than on the way back. Sunshine and clouds - no distinct cloud base, but banks of cloud at multiple levels. A few minutes of drizzle. No significant wind. Terrain mainly dry/damp with excellent grip. Lots of walkers about; 7 other runners seen.

Master
    10.48 miles, 3,193 feet, 3 hours 25 minutes: for the second day in a row I did most of the Loughrigg Silver How Chase race route, again going up from Clappersgate - though this time I took in Lily Tarn on the way back. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,000 feet. Intermittent drizzle. A moderately strong cold wind from the west. Terrain damp with good grip. Lots of walkers on the fells; 15 other runners seen.

Master
    10.57 miles, 3,282 feet, 3 hours 15 minutes: Loughrigg Silver How Chase race route - third day in a row - a few minor variations on the way I went yesterday. Sunshine and clouds, the latter above the high tops. A few minutes of drizzle. A cold moderately strong wind from the north west. Terrain mainly dry with good grip. Not many walkers about; 6 other runners seen - I suspect they were all reccying the race route.

Some idiots have toppled the trig post on Loughrigg - it looks like fireworks were involved as there is charring/blackening of the remaining structure.

Master
    10.36 miles, 3,350 feet, 2 hours 59 minutes: the full Loughrigg Silver How Chase race route, plus from Rothay Bridge to Miller Bridge and back again. Sunshine and clouds, I did not notice a distinct cloud base. Intermittent drizzle/light rain/light graupel. A strong blustery cold wind from the north west. Terrain damp/wet; grip quite good. Not many walkers about; I saw about 15 other runners, most were in the AAC Tuesday/Friday group; they were doing the same route - I set off an hour before them - we crossed at the steep rocky climb next to the wall.

The race route took me about 2.43 - to think 12 years ago I did it in 1.45.

Master
    ..... and - rest.

Not injury related!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    ..... and - rest.

Not injury related!
    Brilliant achievement Mike. Thanks for all of your posts and inspiration.
    Am Yisrael Chai