Page 247 of 304 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 3035

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    7.04 miles, 439 feet, 79 minutes: all on tarmac, to Rydal and back. Overcast, cloud base at about 1,000 feet, no wind at this level, constant drizzle /light rain. Tarmac wet/streaming - lots of puddles. Not many walkers about; no other runners seen.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Brilliant achievement Mike. Thanks for all of your posts and inspiration.

Thanks Mossdog!

Master
    8.34 miles, 2,584 feet, 2 hours 39 minutes: Wansfell Pike, including up/down the race route from/to the kissing gate. Overcast, with multiple cloud banks at different levels. There was some sunshine at times over towards Grasmere. Intermittent light drizzle. A moderate wind from the west. Terrain wet/saturated and slippery. Not many walkers about; 1 fellow runner seen.

Master
    10.52 miles, 3,155 feet, 3 hours 13 minutes: Loughrigg Silver How Chase race route, plus from Rothay Bridge to Miller Bridge and back again. I took a couple of minor detours from the racing line, making it a bit gentler/longer, and took in Lily tarn on the way out rather than on the way back. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,500 feet. No rain. A moderate wind from the south west. Terrain damp, but not as slippery as I thought it would be. Lots of walkers on the fells; 6 other runners seen, 1 of them a Helm Hill star - it will be interesting to see how they get on in the race, assuming they take part.

The Ambleside parkrun was taking place as I went past - I understand Tim Farron was going to run. He ran every day in January - good man!

Master
    9.68 miles, 2,920 feet, 2 hours 49 minutes: Loughrigg Silver How Chase race route, plus Rothay Bridge to Miller Bridge; again I took in Lilly Tarn on the way out rather than on the way back. Sunshine, with a few thin high clouds. No significant wind; no precipitation. Terrain frosty/crunchy with mainly good grip. Lots of walkers on the fell. I started about 2 hours before the race - the leaders were just coming over the top of Loughrigg for the first time as I was on my way back. I saw Mr Brightside a couple of times - I tried to find him at the finish but he had vanished! It was good to say hello to Darren Fishwick.

I understand the race leaders - from AAC - went too far to the right after the top gate on the way out - oops!
    Last edited by Mike T; 05-02-2023 at 05:02 PM.

Master
    10.06 miles, 3,494 feet, 3 hours 20 minutes: Wansfell Pike, including along the ridge to the true top, and up/down the race route from/to the kissing gate. Overcast, with cloud banks at multiple levels; a few patches of blue sky. No precipitation. A moderate wind from the south west. Terrain anything from frosty/crunchy/icy to dry/damp/wet; traction variable but usually predictable. Not many people about; no other runners seen.

Master
    11.38 mies, 3,399 feet, 3 hours 40 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Clappersgate - Todd Crag - down to the little wooden bridge - kissing gate - Lily Tarn - Loughrigg top - Silver How - Loughrigg top - Miller Bridge - Rothay Bridge. Overcast, with mist all the way down to the valley floor in most places. No wind; constant drizzle/mizzle. Terrain wet/saturated and slippery. Very few walkers about; no other runners seen.

I see the racers took some new lines - nothing radical, but they just cut corners or avoided rough terrain here and there. Anything radical and I would not see it. From the lack of wear on the route it looks like very few went via the ruined stone hut.

Master
    8.58 miles, 3,016 feet, 2 hours 44 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 2 sides, including up/down the race route from/to the kissing gate, and down the other side to the top of Nanny Lane and back up again. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 800 feet. The occasional brief patch of blue sky. No rain. A moderate wind from the south east. Terrain very firm in places - mainly damp/dry with reasonable grip. Quite a few walkers on the fell; 1 other runner seen.

Master
    9 miles, 3,012 feet, 3 hours 2 minutes: Loughrigg trails, including down the race route to the road at High Close and back up again. Sunshine and high clouds, no rain, a moderate wind from the west. Terrain mainly dry/damp with good grip. Lots of walkers on the fell; no other runners seen.

Master
    7.49 miles, 2,590 feet, 2 hours 25 minutes: Wansfell Pike, including up/down the race route from/to the kissing gate. Overcast, with mist/cloud almost to the valley floor. Constant drizzle. A moderate wind from the south. Terrain wet/saturated/streaming and slippery. Not many walkers on the fell; 2 other runners seen.