Page 249 of 304 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 3034

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    8.64 miles, 2,796 feet, 2 hours 59 minutes: Loughtigg trails, ascending via Fishgarths Wood, descending past the old golf club to Miller Bridge, and including the race route to the road at High Close and back up again. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,000 feet. Occasional periods of weak sunshine. Intermittent drizzle/light rain; a moderate wind from the west. Terrain saturated/streaming and very slippery. Lots of walkers about; 6 other runners seen.

Master
    8.54 miles, 2,548 feet, 2 hours 43 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 2 sides, including the loop along the ridge to the true top. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,000 feet. No sun nor rain. A moderate wind from the south west. Terrain saturated and slippery. Quite a few walkers about; 4 other runners seen, and I saw 2 AAC members who were probably about to start or had just finished their run.

Master
    9.4 miles, 2,679 feet, 2 hours 59 minutes: Loughrigg trails, taking in Todd and Ivy Crags, Lily and Loughrigg Tarns, and up the steps opposite Loughrigg Tarn. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 1,500 feet. The sun kept trying to appear, but never quite succeeded. A moderate wind from the south west. Virtually constant drizzle/light rain. Terrain saturated/streaming and very slippery. Not many walkers on the fell; 2 other runners seen.

Master
    10.12 miles, 3,074 feet, 3 hours 33 minutes: Wansfell Pike, and an anti-clockwise loop taking in the true top. Overcast - initially the cloud base was at about 400 feet, later it was 2,500 feet or so in some places, rather lower in others. Intermittent drizzle; a moderate wind from the south west. Terrain saturated and slippery. Very few walkers about; 1 fellow runner seen.

Master
    8.48 miles, 2,782 feet, 2 hours 49 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 2 sides, including the loop along the ridge to the true top. Overcast with some patches of blue sky; the cloud base was at about 2,500 feet. A moderate wind from the south west. A few minutes of drizzle. Terrain wet/saturated and slippery. Not many walkers on the fell; no other runners seen.

Master
    10.82 miles, 3,205 feet, 4 hours 1 minute: Elterwater Common to Sergeant Man and back, taking in Swinescar Pike, Blea Rigg, Lang How and Silver How. Initially wall to wall blue sky with some small fluffy clouds; later widespread thin high clouds developed. A gentle wind from the north west. No precipitation. The terrain above 1,000 feet was firm/crunchy with ice on the puddles, though not on the rocks. There was a very light scattering of snow in places above 2,200 feet. Below 1,000 feet the ground was mainly damp/wet/saturated. Traction mainly good.
    Not many walkers about; no other runners seen.

Master
    8.48 miles, 3,544 feet, 3 hours 47 minutes: ODG - The Band - Crinkle Crags - around the Bad Step - Pike 0'Blisco - Langdale race descent - ODG. Initially overcast with drizzle and the cloud base at about 600 feet; it quickly cleared to blue sky and high clouds, and the rain ceased. A moderate wind from the north east. Terrain anything from dry to streaming - very slippery in places. I saw about 20 walkers on the fells; no other runners seen.

Master
    9.01 miles, 3,500 feet, 3 hours 11 minutes: Travellers Rest - Winterseeds - Grisedale Hause - Cofa Pike - Fairfield - Great Rigg - Heron Pike - Alcock Tarn - Greenhead Ghyll - Travellers Rest. Overcast with occasional patches of blue sky; the cloud base was above the high tops. A strong cold wind from the north east. A few minutes of graupel. Terrain mainly dry with good grip; above 1,200 feet it was firm/hard, with ice on some puddles, and dodgy grip in places on steep worn grass. Lots of walkers on the fells; town and carparks busy. About 8 other runners seen.

I forgot to start my watch until I was just above the Winterseeds farmhouse, so I repeated that section at the end. Sad.

Master
    9.01 miles, 2,796 feet, 3 hours 2 minutes: Travellers Rest - Helm Crag - Bracken Hause - Greenburn Bottom - Calf Crag - Steel Fell - Travellers Rest. Overcast, with the cloud base occasionally catching some of the highest tops. No precipitation. A moderate wind from the north. Terrain mainly dry with good grip. A very light sprinkling of white stuff on Helvellyn. Not many walkers about. No other runners seen.

Master
    10.35 miles, 4,082 feet, 3 hours 55 minutes: Travellers Rest - Little Tongue Gill - Grisedale Hause - up next to the posts - Helvellyn - down on the grass next to the steps - Seat Sandal - South Ridge - Winterseeds - Travellers Rest. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,750 feet. A moderate wind from the north. A few minutes of drizzle/sleet. Terrain mainly dry; above 2,500 feet there was a smattering of snow/ice that became a centimetre or two deep on the top of Helvellyn. Grip good in my new 260 V2s. I saw about 2 dozen walkers on the fells, and 3 runners.