Page 254 of 304 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 3034

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    10.74 miles, 2,634 feet, 3 hours 10 minutes: Loughrigg trails, taking in Fishgarths Wood, Todd and Ivy Crags, and Lily and Loughrigg Tarns. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 800 feet; some brief episodes of weak sunshine. Almost continuous drizzle/light rain. A moderate wind from the south west. Terrain saturated/streaming/slippery. I saw perhaps a dozen walkers on the fell and no other runners.

Master
    8.67 miles, 2,602 feet, 2 hours 36 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Blue Hill Road - Wansfell steps - Wansfell Pike - Nanny Lane - Troutbeck - Robin Lane - High Skelghyll - 3 way junction - Blue Hill Woods - Blue Hill Road - Ambleside. Sunshine and clouds, the cloud base was at about 2,000 feet. A strong blustery wind from the south west. No precipitation. Terrain anything from dry to saturated/streaming and slippery in places. Not many walkers about. I saw 4 fellow runners, one a Helm Hill star - luckily I was running - er - downhill - both times we crossed.

The 3 way junction is very useful - it is at about 1,100 feet, and is on the ridge descent from the Pike amongst some old minor quarry workings - down left leads to High Skelghyll Farm, down right leads to Blue Hill Woods.

Master
    9.58 miles, 2,468 feet, 2 hours 47 minutes: Loughrigg trails, taking in Fishgarths Wood, Todd Crag, and Lily and Loughrigg Tarns. Some sunshine, but mainly overcast, with the cloud base between 1,500 and 2,500 feet. Intermittent light to moderate rain. A strong wind at times from the west. Terrain saturated/streaming and slippery. Not many walkers about; no other runners seen.

Master
    10.63 miles, 3,649 feet, 3 hours 45 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Waterhead - Stagshaw Gardens - Champion Tree Trail - Jenkin Crag - High Skelghyll - 3 way junction - Blue Hill Woods and track - Wansfell steps to the Pike - down to the top of Hundreds Road and back up again - 3 way junction - High Skelghyll - Ambleside. Initially overcast with light/moderate rain, and a cloud base at about 2,500 feet, misty below that. Later the rain stopped, and there were frequent but brief episodes of sunshine/blue sky. A strong wind from the south west. Terrain saturated/streaming/slippery. Quite a few walkers about; 1 runner and 1 deer seen.

Master
    11.25 miles, 2,869 feet, 3 hours 23 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Clappersgate - Todd Crag - Lily Tarn - Loughrigg Tarn - Silver How - Loughrigg top - Miller Bridge - Rothay Bridge. Sunshine, and high clouds just catching some of the highest tops. No significant wind. Intermittent drizzle/light rain. Terrain saturated/streaming/slippery. Lots of walkers about, many in large groups. No other runners seen.

I followed the Loughrigg/Silver How race route from the road at Red Bank to Silver How top and back again to Loughrigg top, taking the higher path next to the ruin both ways.

Master
    10.23 miles, 3,239 feet, 3 hours 28 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 2 sides, including the loop along the ridge to the true top. Sunshine and high clouds, no rain, a moderately strong wind rom the south east. Terrain saturated and slippery in places. Lots of walkers the fell; 6 other runners seen in the valley.

Master
    11.01 miles, 4,282 feet, 4 hours 11 minutes: Travellers Rest - Winterseeds - Tongue Gill - Grisedale Hause - up the zigzag steps from the tarn - Helvellyn - returning over Nethermost and Dollywagon Pikes - down on the grass next to the steps - Seat Sandal - south ridge - Winterseeds - Travellers Rest. Lots of blue sky with some high fluffy clouds - very clear. A cold breeze from the north. No rain. The terrain was in general saturated and slippery; it was also crunchy and icy in places above 800 feet. Lots of walkers on the fells; 2 other runners seen. Car parks and town busy.

I had forgotten how extensive the tops of Nethermost and Dollywagon Pikes are - lost of scope for going astray when visibility is poor.

Master
    9.09 miles, 1,859 feet, 2 hours 22 minutes: Ambleside - Rothay Park - Miller Bridge - Under Loughrigg - Pelter Bridge - Rydal Water - Grasmere shore - Deerbolts Wood - up the steps from Loughrigg Terrace to the top - Lily Tarn - Todd Crag - Fishgarths Wood - Clappersgate - Ambleside. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 800 feet. Constant drizzle/light rain. A moderate wind from the south west. Terrain saturated/streaming/slippery. Not many walkers about - I was surprised there were any given the forecast and the actual weather. 3 fellow runners seen in the valley.

Master
    10.1 miles, 3,053 feet, 3 hours 12 minutes: Ambleside - Rothay Park - Miller Bridge - Rothay Bridge - Waterhead - Stagshaw Gardens - Jenkins Crag - High Skelghyll - 3 way junction - Blue Hill Woods and Lane - Wansfell steps to the Pike - down to the top of Nanny Lane and back up again - High Skelghyll - Ambleside. Overcast, with the cloud base at 900 feet when I set off, several hundred feet higher later. A few minutes of drizzle; a moderate wind from the south east. Terrain saturated/streaming/slippery. Very few walkers about; only 1 other runner seen - in the valley.

Master
    9.26 miles, 3,018 feet, 3 hours 12 minutes: Loughrigg trails, including Todd and Ivy Crags, Lily Tarn, and down the race route to the road at High Close, and back up the steps opposite Loughrigg Tarn. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 1,000 feet. Intermittent drizzle, enough to make me put my Shakedry on. A moderate breeze from the south west. Terrain wet/saturated/slippery. Not many walkers on the fell; 2 other runners seen.