Page 275 of 304 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 3035

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    13.08 miles, 3,753 feet, 4 hours 14 minutes: Ambleside - Low Sweden Bridge - rock step - Low Pike - High Pike - Hodgson Brothers' Relay Pile of Stones - Dow Crag - Scandale - Red Screes - south ridge - Roundhill Farm - Ambleside. Sunshine with some high fluffy clouds. A moderate wind from the west. No rain. Terrain dry/damp/wet and occasionally slippery. Very few walkers on the fells. I saw 2 other runners, one was in the centre of town, the other was descending from Red Screes.

Master
    11.13 miles, 3,075 feet, 3 hours 55 minutes: Loughrigg trails, starting and finishing through Fishgarths Wood, and going down the race route to the road at High Close and back up to the top via the steps overlooking Grasmere. Sunshine and high fluffy clouds, and streaky clouds higher still. No rain. A moderate breeze from the south west. Terrain mainly dry with good grip. Not many walkers on the paths I took. I saw 2 other runners.

Yet another race route that looks like it will remain viable for the whole year despite the bracken.

Master
    10.3 miles, 3,087 feet, 3 hours 19 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 2 sides, including up/down the race route from/to the kissing gate. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,000 feet. Some patches of blue sky. No rain. A lovely breeze from the north east. Terrain mainly dry with good grip. Not many walkers on the fell; 1 other runner seen.

Master
    11.09 miles, 4,019 feet, 4 hours 15 minutes: Travellers Rest - Winterseeds - Tongue Gill - Grisedale Hause - Helvellyn - Seat Sandal - south ridge - Winterseeds - Travellers Rest. Sunshine and high fluffy clods, with streaky clouds above that. A lovely breeze from the south. No rain. Terrain dry with good grip. Lots of walkers on the fells - Striding Edge was heaving; 8 other runners seen.

Mike, who has the age record for a standard 24h round? I think you put in enough climb to satisfy the 10000'/week, it's just a case of whether you could keep going for that long.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Mike, who has the age record for a standard 24h round? I think you put in enough climb to satisfy the 10000'/week, it's just a case of whether you could keep going for that long.
    Thanks for even asking the question - I know I could not keep going that long/far - even if I was fit enough my feet would fall to pieces. The longest thing I have done recently was the Hodgson 4 and that was enough for me.

Master
    11.21 miles, 3,178 feet, 3 hours 38 minutes: Loughrigg - Silver How race route with variations. Initially there were large banks of cloud/mist at multiple levels, later extensive areas of blue sky took over. No rain. A gentle breeze from the south. Terrain dry with good grip. Lots of walkers on the fells; I saw 2 fellow runners.

I started at Rothay Bridge, and went up via Clappersgate/Fishgarths Wood/Todd Crag/Lily Tarn, and after High Close I went to the south of the race route out and back to avoid the bracken; for the second visit to Loughrigg top I went up via the steps overlooking Loughrigg Tarn.

Master
    9.08 miles, 2,656 feet, 3 hours 21 minutes: Travellers Rest - Helm Crag - Bracken Hause - Green Burn - Pike of Carrs - Calf Crag - Steel Fell - Travellers Rest. Almost wall to wall sunshine, a few high fluffy clouds, hazy in the distance. No rain. A moderate very welcome breeze from the south. Terrain dry with good grip. I saw very few walkers and no runners on the fells.

About a quarter of the way into my run I thought the vegetation was being a bit more prickly than normal around my ankles - then I realised I had forgotten to put on my Dexshell socks, and just had short Injinjis on. And this was AFTER I had taken one shoe off to remove a tiny bit of grit. Problem solved by pulling my 2XUs down a bit.

The zig-zags between Bracken Hause and Green Burn are almost entirely bracken free - very unusual for this time of year.

Master
    7.38 miles, 2,471 feet, 3 hours 17 minutes: NDG - Stickle Tarn - North Rake - Thunacar Knott - High Raise - Sergeant Man - Blea Rigg - Stickle Tarn - NDG. Very sunny and warm, a few high clouds, hazy in the distance, no rain, a moderate and very pleasant breeze from the south. Terrain dry with good grip. Not many walkers about; no other runners seen.

I tried without Dexshell socks again today - my feet were a bit unhappy, maybe because it was the second day in a row. I am thinking of trying Smartwool socks over Injinjis tomorrow.

Master
    9.15 miles, 3,317 feet, 4 hours 14 minutes: ODG - The Band - Crinkle Crags - Red Tarn - right towards the 3 Shires Stone - left up between Long Scar and Black Crag - Pike o'Blisco - ODG. Sunny with a few high clouds, no rain, a gentle breeze from the south, terrain dry with good grip. I did not see many walkers on the fells, but I did start early. Two other runners seen.

Smartwool socks over Injinjis worked well today.