Page 278 of 304 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 3035

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    10.19 miles, 3,181 feet, 3 hours 32 minutes: Loughrigg trails, including down the race route to the road at High Close, right along the road, then back up the steps overlooking Grasmere. Mainly overcast, with the clouds mainly above the high tops. Intermittent sunshine/blue sky; frequent brief showers. A blustery wind from the south. Terrain saturated/streaming and very slippery. Not many walkers about; 2 other runners seen.

Despite the intermittent showers it was not cold, and my waterproof top stayed in my bumbag.

Master
    10.11 miles, 3,155 feet, 3 hours 20 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 2 sides, including along the ridge to the true top, down to the top of Nanny Lane and back up again, and up/down the race route from/to the kissing gate. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,000 feet. A few minutes of drizzle. That moderately strong wind from the south persists. Terrain anything from dry to wet/saturated/streaming and slippery in places. Not many walkers on the fell; 2 other runners seen.

I started by going through the fields next to the Roman Ruins, but it was under about a foot of water in places so I turned back. I did of course end up with wet feet eventually, but I would prefer they got wet gradually rather than all at once. I am just wearing Injinjis at the moment, not Dexshalls.

Master
    10.18 miles, 2,560 feet, 3 hours 13 minutes: Loughrigg trails, including up the steps overlooking Loughrigg Tarn, down the race route to the road at High Close, right along the road, then up the steps overlooking Grasmere. Overcast, with the cloud base between 1,500 feet and above the high tops. No significant wind - yet. Drizzle/light rain for the last couple of miles. Terrain wet/saturated/streaming and slippery. Not many walkers about, though there were several groups of youngsters in hi-viz vests who were probably doing an event; no other runners seen.

Master
    10.03 miles, 2,666 feet, 3 hours 3 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 2 sides, including along the ridge to the true top, and up/down the race route from/to the kissing gate. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,500 feet; misty below that. A few minutes of drizzle; a moderately strong wind from the south. Terrain wet/saturated/streaming and slippery. Not many walkers about; 1 other runner seen.

The strong winds that were forecast for overnight do not seem to have happened. We have certainly had far worse without any hint of a yellow warning.

Master
    13.15 miles, 4,031 feet, 4 hours 17 minutes: Ambleside - Low Sweden Bridge - rock step - Low Pike - High Pike - Pile of Stones - Dow Crag - Scandale - Red Screes - south ridge - Roundhill Farm - Ambleside. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,500 feet. A few minutes of drizzle. A very strong quite cold wind from the south west. Terrain wet/saturated/streaming and slippery. Very few walkers about; 2 other runners seen.

I ascended on the race side/east of the wall, and took the Hodgson Relay trod south west of Dow Crag to get to the Pile of Stones, then came back over Dow Crag.

Master
    10.25 miles, 3,196 feet, 3 hours 11 minutes: Wansfell Pike, including the true top, and up/down the race route from/to the kissing gate. Overcast, with the cloud base initially at about 700 feet; it was a coupe of hundred feet higher later. No rain. A moderately strong wind from the south. Terrain wet/saturated and slippery. Lots of walkers on the Wansfell steps; 6 other runners seen.

Some people chase me when I overtake them on the Wansfell steps. Today it was 3 separate people - they were clearly unaware of their limitations.

Master
    9.14 miles, 2,320 feet, 3 hours 13 minutes: Kirkstone Inn - Red Screes - Scandale - south west of Dove Crag - Pile of Stones - Dove Crag - High Pike - Low Pike - rock step - Rydal Park - Ambleside. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 1,000 feet initially - it cleared to an extent later, with patches of blue sky and most of the high tops cloud free. Intermittent drizzle/light rain, a moderate breeze from the south. Terrain wet/saturated/streaming and very slippery. Very few walkers on the fells; apart from those in the relay I only saw 1 other runner.

I was marshalling at Kirkstone for the Hodgson Relay - I set off just after the mass start. Basically I did the first half of the 3rd leg of the relay, and then a bit less than the 2nd half of the Fairfield Horseshoe.

My watch is really playing up - whilst it recorded my run, it has refused to download it. Luckily I did look at the numbers when I stopped running.
    Last edited by Mike T; 01-10-2023 at 06:23 PM.

Its a good day out following the Hodgson race round.

If you're very quick you could probably run the high level version and see much of all 4 legs.

Last time i caught the first two legs, then descended back to Brothers Water/Patterdale down Threshthwaite (which is a very long and lonely route down!)

Master
    13.56, 3,793 feet, 4 hours 33 minutes: Yesterday I ascended Red Screes from Kirkstone, today I went up from Ambleside via Blue Hill Road/Lane, Roundhill Farm, and the south ridge - thereafter the route was the same as yesterday, apart from some minor variations after Scandale. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,500 feet, and multiple banks of cloud at various levels below that. No rain, a moderately strong wind from the south. Terrain anything from dry to saturated, and slippery in places. Very few walkers about; no other runners seen.

I think I have finally worked out the best way to cross from Scandale to below Dove Crag, but I need to try it again to be sure.

Master
    10.11 miles, 3,056 feet, 3 hours 19 minutes: Loughrigg trails, including Todd Crag, Lily Tarn, down the race route to the road at High Close and back up the steps opposite Grasmere, and twice up/down the slope between the kissing gate north east of Lily Tarn and the little wooden bridge. Overcast and misty - the cloud base was at about 2,000 feet. Almost continuous drizzle/light rain; a moderately strong wind from the west. Terrain wet/saturated/streaming and slippery. Very few walkers about; no other runners seen.

The sun came out briefly from time to time, making it look like it was going to clear up, but if anything it got worse.

The slope between the kissing gate and the little wooden bridge adds 1/4 mile each way, and 275 feet of up or down.