Page 298 of 304 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 3035

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

A glorious day on Wednesday for this years PSUK XC Championships which were held in the beautiful surroundings of Chatsworth. A great undulating course, 6 miles for the 224 men and 5 miles for the 115 ladies who had traveled from all corners of the UK.

The VIP race starter was none other than English and British Fell Running Champion Billy Cartwright and the ladies race was duly won by his other half, also the current English and British Fell Running Champion, Nichola Jackson, representing Cumbria.

By the time the mens race was due to start the VIP starter was nowhere to be seen. Billy had gone for a run!
    The mens race was won by Robert Sparkes of Humberside. I finished, representing South Yorkshire, in 61st overall and 1st M60.

An enjoyable afternoon and all finishers were rewarded at the end of the funnel with a specially labelled bottle of Riber Gold Golden Ale 4.3% from the Matlock Brewing Company.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 08-03-2024 at 12:55 PM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Seven of us on last nights RATRun from the Cock and Pullet in Sheldon. A selfish choice of route chosen by me as my legs were still tired from Wednesdays XC. It was dry with a cold breeze as we ran over mainly flat farmland. Quite dry and firm underfoot apart from one farmyard where we were calf deep in cowshit!

Just 5 miles, 557 feet in a leisurely 49 minutes for four of us, whilst the other three added an extra 2 mile loop to Monyash.

Back in the Cock and Pullet, cheesy and non cheesy chips were devoured with excellent Farmers Blonde 4% from Bradfield Brewery.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    11.3 miles, 3,699 feet, 3 hours 54 minutes: Rothay Bridge to Silver How and back, going to Loughrigg top both ways, but not sticking to the race route. Sunshine and fluffy/streaky clouds above most of the high tops; misty in the distance. No precipitation; a strong cold wind from the east. Terrain mainly dry with good grip. Very few walkers on Silver How, though there were quite a few on Loughrigg. 2 runners seen.

I needed my waterproof top to keep that wind off.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    A glorious day on Wednesday for this years PSUK XC Championships which were held in the beautiful surroundings of Chatsworth. A great undulating course, 6 miles for the 224 men and 5 miles for the 115 ladies who had traveled from all corners of the UK.

The VIP race starter was none other than English and British Fell Running Champion Billy Cartwright and the ladies race was duly won by his other half, also the current English and British Fell Running Champion, Nichola Jackson, representing Cumbria.

By the time the mens race was due to start the VIP starter was nowhere to be seen. Billy had gone for a run!
    The mens race was won by Robert Sparkes of Humberside. I finished, representing South Yorkshire, in 61st overall and 1st M60.

An enjoyable afternoon and all finishers were rewarded at the end of the funnel with a specially labelled bottle of Riber Gold Golden Ale 4.3% from the Matlock Brewing Company.
    Well done!

Master
    10.42 miles, 2,461 feet, 3 hours 6 minutes: Wansfell Pike, ascending via High Skelghyll Farm and descending via the race route through the kissing gate. Uniformly overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,500 feet - very misty below that. A few minutes of drizzle; a strong cold wind from the north east. Terrain mainly dry with good grip. Lots of walkers on the fell; no runners seen.

I saw a deer on the way up to the farm - it is amazing how quietly they move.

I woke up with discomfort at the back of my heel - so I went back to my 260 V2s for the day, and limited my "up".

Master
    Ouch - could barely walk this morning - that will teach me to run yesterday, but we cannot live life backwards.

Master
    6.32 miles, 253 feet, 1 hour 58 minutes: Rothay Bridge to the Roman Ruins, then Borrans Park and back. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,500 feet. No rain; no significant wind at this level. Terrain dry/damp wet and slippery in places. Lots of walkers and dogs in Borrans park; no runners seen.

Various drills - 0.75 miles; then short sharp reps at 20 or so to the mile - 2 miles.

My heel is much better - I have "retreated" to my most cushioned shoe - the Trailfly Ultra G 300 Max - a pity they have so little tread left.

Master
    7.01 miles, 2,353 feet, 2 hours 31 minutes: Wansfell Pike, including up/down the race route from/to the kissing gate. Overcast, with the cloud base down to about 400 feet. Intermittent drizzle; a moderate breeze from the east. Terrain saturated and slippery. I saw 4 walkers on the fell, and some Fix the Fells folk. No runners seen.

Back to my 260 V2s - so far so good.

Master
    11.12 miles, 3,200 feet, 3 hours 23 minutes: Loughrigg trails, including around past Loughrigg Tarn and up the steps overlooking it, down the race route to the road at High Close, down through Deerbolts Woods to Grasmere shore, and back up to the top via Loughrigg Terrace and the steps overlooking Grasmere. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 600 feet. Constant drizzle/light rain; a moderately strong wind from the west. Terrain saturated/streaming/slippery. I saw perhaps 20 walkers and 1 runner on the fell.

Master
    8.09 miles, 3,213 feet, 3 hours 2 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 2 sides, including up the race route from the kissing gate, down to High Skelghyll Farm, back up to the Pike, and down the race route. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 900 feet. The wind, from the south west, was quite strong at times, but not cold. Constant drizzle/light rain. Terrain saturated/streaming/slippery. I saw 6 walkers and no runners on the fell.