Page 3 of 299 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    I'm sure there is a lot of people out there just through sheer boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Cars and pedestrians being stopped in Birmingham. As an essential supplier to the NHS, all of our staff now have to carry a letter explaining the status of the company and confirming their need to travel.
    I’ve got a letter, luckily most of my work I can do from home but will need to go in at some point.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Another question. If you take your dog for a walk can you still go for a run afterwards. Asking for a friend....

Another question. If you take your dog for a walk can you still go for a run afterwards. Asking for a friend....
    I have a friend who’s doing just that , they feel that dogs are people too and so are allowed their exercise quota per day.

Banned
    Tell "your friend" to go near a store, and that was the reason for the journey so you (oops I meant your friend) intends to buy pasta from a shelf you ( sorry I meant he)discovers (already knows) is empty - which is why you (I meant they) are not carrying anything. If there are five stores in walking range, that is five reasons "one" can walk the dog. As a runner you can walk a loooonnnng way!

In fact you - I mean they - are being very considerate by merging a dog walk with a necesary food trip, so reducing the number of journeys!
    Last edited by Oracle; 26-03-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Banned
    Walk to the shop (long way around) for my meal deal around 11ish. Essential for my lunch.

Bike ride in afternoon for my exercise to help my mental health.

Personally I don't see any problems. I keep well away from anyone else and Tesco have a limited number of people in the shop at a time. 2m lines are also taped on the floor.

There were more cars about today and almost all had their windows open.

Master
    On the tarmac zig zags descending towards Miller Bridge/Rothay Park on the lower part of Loughrigg - I come across what I assume to be a household group of three - dad about 45, and sisters in their late teens? One of the girls is ahead and in the middle of the road - I call out "2 metre rule please" and wave my hand to the side - she moves to the side. Her father and sister are a bit behind, and as spread across the road as two people could be - again I call out "2 metre rule please", and they move to one side, but one of the girls laughs, so I say it is not funny - dad replies "well you should be in then". So if you are out, even where 2 metre distancing is easy - you have to accept that the 2 metre gap will be violated! WTF.
    Last edited by Mike T; 26-03-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Mrs DTR and I have done the same today as you Mike T, a shout of ‘coming through’ seemed to work but still plenty of families spread across the paths to the point that Mrs DTR isn’t keen on going out again as she found it stressful, going to try early morning tomorrow when all the lazy b*ggers are in bed what gets me is these people are not normally there when we go out, they’re invading our space twice over.

12 mile, 1000ft, 4 hours on a loop from home to Nab's Head, Hoghton Tower and back.

The worst parts are the first and last 1/4 miles or so in terms of encountering "traffic" because we haven't direct access to the countryside but we manage without a problem by giving wide berths to others.

For 11 miles of today we were in almost isolation.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    30-minute run to the Outwoods. Everyone behaving well with regard to the 2-metre rule. But near the end of the run I found myself behind a family of three on a narrow stretch of path, so I walked 5-10 metres behind them until there was more space, and then told them I was coming past on the left -- and they did move across to the right.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges