Page 30 of 304 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    Apparently Covid-19 does not transmit well outdoors. One scientist in this article claims that there is currently no evidence that coronavirus has ever been transmitted outdoors, while there is abundant evidence of indoor transmission.
    Yesterday I sent a letter to my local paper to complain about the Borough Council closing our twice-weekly open-air market, thereby forcing us to do our essential food shopping in even more crowded supermarkets (and threatening the livelihoods of many traders.)
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Banned
    Tyson Fury is only doing 3 miles runs and he's a world champion.

Banned

Banned
    Spare a thought for markets in poor countries.

In such as portugal those who have the market stalls are desparately poor small holders who rely on the income just to survive. How do they lockdown? In india and Pakistan the authorities recognise, they cant!

The same people you see at the equivalent of our car boot sales, laying out their wares in a park for sale. But they arent the "knock off" and tax dodgers you see in the UK at such places. Look hard in some of these sales and you see the same people are trying to sell such as broken candlesticks and porcelain they picked up near a local bin. 10 cents to them is survival. They are desparately poor, not "the poverty with a smartphone" that Rowntree applies to much of our population.

Two thoughts about that:

First it is why I hate the EU. The euro has forced eternal destitution that also denudes such countries of the young qualified people they need to build a future, all the countries are left with is debt. I hope the italians recognise, on the basis of recent EU cynical behaviour that the Eurocrats dont give a toss, and so italy leaves. Southern italy is on the verge of civil disorder.

Second All these moronic decisions on parks are made by "safe" public employees in their safe council jobs, knowing that none of their safe income or safe excessive pensions will be affected, whilst they happily destroy others lives. Then they play hooky on full pay called "working at home" And by a twist of logic, society seems to think they are the "essential" people whilst the utterly destroyed private sector and pensioners forced into saving in equities by governement decree, are somehow "parasite shareholders" who have already lost a big proportion of their wealth and income but still the private sector must pay!!!! We seem to value only those who spend money, not those who take risk to make the money they spend. I despair of it.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Yesterday I sent a letter to my local paper to complain about the Borough Council closing our twice-weekly open-air market, thereby forcing us to do our essential food shopping in even more crowded supermarkets (and threatening the livelihoods of many traders.)
    Last edited by Oracle; 06-04-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Tyson Fury is only doing 3 miles runs and he's a world champion.
    I wonder if he is still fuelled by Wild Boar meat!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    Ha ha ha I lead to believe a farmer admitted lying for profit.
    But we don't know what else he lied about.

Is is a fact though that Tyson is a world champion. And he claims on video that he is going for a 3 mile run.

Good for him... not sure why it's relevant to anything at all though really...

Banned
    Max outdoor training to 60 minutes

Banned
    Stagger - what do you think of the “ don’t close parks, open up golf courses for exercise “ petition

The supremely snotty folk of royal mid Surrey ( I have some experience of them) will be spluttering in their G and T s at the thought of us low class rabble invading their turf!

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Ha ha ha I lead to believe a farmer admitted lying for profit.
    But we don't know what else he lied about.

Is is a fact though that Tyson is a world champion. And he claims on video that he is going for a 3 mile run.
    Tyson’s 3 mile run might take longer than an hour what with all that shadow boxing stuff and running up steps on Morecambe seafront I go through Morecambe quite a lot and have never spotted him I would imagine he’s pretty hard to miss as well