Page 301 of 304 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3039

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    11.01 miles, 3,554 feet, 3 hours 34 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Miller Bridge - Rydal Park - Low Sweden Bridge - rock step - Low/High Pikes - High Bakestones - Scandale - Red Screes - south ridge - Golden Rule - Ambleside. Lots of sunshine and blue sky; some fluffy clouds above the high tops. That cold wind from the south is still there. No rain. Terrain mainly dry/damp with good grip. Lots of walkers on the fells; 5 runners seen.

Master
    10.05 miles, 3,311 feet, 3 hours 23 minutes: Wansfell Pike from 2 sides, including up/down the race route from/to the kissing gate, and back along the ridge from the true top. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,000 feet. A few minutes of drizzle. That moderately strong cold wind is now coming from the north. Terrain dry/damp with mainly good grip. Quite a few walkers on the fell; 4 runners seen.

Master
    12.05 miles, 3,418 feet, 4 hours 1 minute: Rothay Bridge - Clappersgate - Fishgarths Wood - Todd Crag - Loughrigg top - race route descent to High Close and across to Silver How and back - up the steps overlooking Grasmere to Loughrigg top - down past the old golf club - Miller Bridge - Rothay Park - Ambleside. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 2,000 feet. A few minutes of drizzle. No significant wind. Terrain damp/wet and slippery in places, especially the rocks. Lots of walkers about; 2 runners seen.

Master
    9.01 miles, 2,768 feet, 3 hours 13 minutes: Rothay Bridge - Roman Ruins - Borrans Park - Stagshaw Gardens - Champion Tree Trail - Wansfell Pike - upper part of Nanny Lane - Wansfell Pike - Blue Hill Woods - Blue Hill Lane - Ambleside. Overcast, with cloud banks at multiple levels. Intermittent drizzle/light rain. No significant wind. Terrain wet/saturated/slippery. Not many walkers about; no runners seen.

Master
    12.46 miles, 2,247 feet, 4 hours 6 minutes: Drills and speed work in Borrans Park, then Loughrigg trails via Rothay Bridge, Fishgarths Wood, Todd Crag, Lily Tarn, Loughrigg top, then down past the old golf club to Miller Bridge and Rothay Bridge. Sunshine and high clouds, no significant wind, no rain. Terrain anything from dry to wet/saturated/slippery. Lots of walkers all over the fell; 1 runner seen.

I did 0.8 miles worth of drills, then short sharp faster running for 2.25 miles at 16 to the mile. Again, from the highest point in Borrans Park, I ran back and forth in 9 different directions. Such a lovely setting for it.

I'll be in the lakes in a couple of weeks.

The weekend will mainly revolve around races, but (subject to not having to run the inter-counties on the sunday) i'm planning a longer run out over the Dodds and Helvellyn range (possibly also Fairfield) on the saturday.

Master
    What races are you doing Travs? Might get a chance to say hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    What races are you doing Travs? Might get a chance to say hello!
    I'm doing the uphill trial on the Friday afternoon (from Dodd Wood to Skiddaw via Longside Edge.

I'm a reserve for the inter counties on the Sunday, which starts in Fitz Park and goes over Latrigg, Lonscale and Skiddaw Little Man. Even if not racing I'll be out on the course geeing up the Warwickshire boys and girls.

Will likely change the Saturday outing if i end up having to race the inter counties.

Master
    8.06 miles, 2,690 feet, 2 hours 53 minutes: Wansfell Pike, including down the race route to the kissing gate. Overcast, with the cloud base at about 1,000 feet, and misty below that. Intermittent drizzle/light rain. A surprisingly warm moderately strong breeze from the south. Terrain saturated/streaming/slippery. I saw about 30 walkers on the fell, and 2 runners.

Yesterday I took 3 bits of kit into Alpkit for repairs - all with zip problems. They are a real weakness in the kit I own.

[QUOTE=Mike T;687613

Yesterday I took 3 bits of kit into Alpkit for repairs - all with zip problems. They are a real weakness in the kit I own.[/QUOTE]

The only brand of kit that I've never had a zip problem with is Outdoor Research.

Inov8 is the worst. Perhaps they should stick to shoes!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog