Page 37 of 304 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

A very enjoyable ride to town and back, I do a loop with lots of little hills. 3 police cars passed me heading up the valley so they have probably found the beginning of the weekend rave that was planned.
    Way I feel about some people at the moment I would be inclined to let them start and then burn every vehicle and ⛺ on the place.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Gentler 7 1/4 miles, 2:15, 1000ft today with MrsWP.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    8k hilly biking
    Just started to warm up and it was over 😀

Master
    9.88 miles, 2.22, 2750 ft over Loughrigg. Slight tan demarcations from my vest, so getting some Vitamin D.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    A very enjoyable ride to town and back.... 3 police cars passed me heading up the valley...
    Dr Hutch in today's Cycling Weekly has a droll column pointing out that the "two metre rule" now makes wheel-sucking a criminal offense and perpetrators could be arrested - although I rather doubt if I will often be in a position to take advantage of the legislation.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 09-04-2020 at 05:38 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Dr Hutch in today's Cycling Weekly has a droll column pointing out that the "two metre rule" now makes wheel-sucking a criminal offense and perpetrators could be arrested - although I rather doubt if I will often be in a position to take advantage of the legislation.
    Cyclists need to stay 10 to 20 metres behind the cyclist in front of them to reduce the risk of spread.
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...+Article+Links

If you're choosing to maintain your baseline fell fitness level in Wharfedale, beware, the coppers are running plates and flyering your car. Two weeks ago i got flyered in a layby near Skyreholme. My excuse is, that being a key worker, i need to keep away from other people, and that a run from my gaff will see me mingling with the so-called 'Otleyterati' on the Chevin which is bad for social distancing.

I'm going to give the Washburn Valley a try this weekend, but it's very hard to accumulate more than about 1000' of climb over 8-9m and single efforts rarely touch 400'. I think it's yet to be ascertained whether or not the force will be flexible and exercise leniency on an individual basis where practicable and where a case can be made.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

I am one of the Otleyterati, and the Chevin is pretty quiet. Was up there yesterday morning and didn't see many people and could keep a good distance. Be aware that the farmers in the Washburn Valley are getting fairly hostile to folk out and about enjoying themselves. Paths around Lindley reservoir and above are blocked, also a lot of hostility in Clifton.

Todays PDE was a very enjoyable afternoon 40 miles and 2,300 feet ride with my son on the Tissington and High Peak Trails. I saw about a dozen people in just over 3 hrs.
    Something of note was that one of the people I saw I thought I recognised so this evening I checked my Flybys on Strava but it was not who I thought it was. However, a number of the Flybys had written across their profile picture "Stay at Home" etc one of which had done a 50 mile ride. Virtue signalling or what!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    I am one of the Otleyterati, and the Chevin is pretty quiet. Was up there yesterday morning and didn't see many people and could keep a good distance. Be aware that the farmers in the Washburn Valley are getting fairly hostile to folk out and about enjoying themselves. Paths around Lindley reservoir and above are blocked, also a lot of hostility in Clifton.
    I've started calling it 'Social Distancing Fascism'. I actually challenge it very aggressively, i'm incredibly verbally abusive in the face of it, and i'm not proud of it.

The governments fear campaign is it blame, they knew what they were doing, spread enough fear so it self-polices to save on actual police resources. A working frontline nurse staying over at a B&B somewhere got all her tyres slashed recently; this may get as bad as the paedophile hunting carry-on. Righteous acts of vengence have no limits.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent