Page 46 of 303 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

A pal of mine thought our paths crossed whilst out on our PDE. Just tried to look at my Flyby's on Strava and it appears to be disconnected.

Perhaps its just mine but I suspect it might have been done to avoid athletes like us, getting grief.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    A pal of mine thought our paths crossed whilst out on our PDE. Just tried to look at my Flyby's on Strava and it appears to be disconnected.

Perhaps its just mine but I suspect it might have been done to avoid athletes like us, getting grief.
    Strava flybys still working for me so big brother is still watching
    Last edited by JohnK; 11-04-2020 at 09:53 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

The Solent, on a sunny Saturday with just enough of a breeze, and not a boat to be seen. Felt very odd.

The way things are going Witton Park will be closed soon.

They closed the two pay and display car parks just over a week ago.

Then they closed access to the cemetery for all bar funerals with limits on numbers. There are public rights of way through the cemetery and no legal orders have been made to close them.
    I suspect the legislation gives them the right on public health grounds due to the toilet facilities and the 15-20 taps dotted around the place.

This week they closed the remaining car parks off on Thursday evening and the gates are closed to vehicles.

Last night a photo went up on a local community groups facebook page of a metal fence being put across one end of a footbridge over the River Darwen.
    The bridge just links two areas of open playing fields at the lower end of the park, each field being around 5 acres of open space.

I've been in or through Witton most days since 23rd March and I'm left scratching my head. I haven't seen anyone in breach within the confines of the park.

It is such a big park that several hundred people could be in there at any one time and have plenty of room, and there has been nowhere near that number when I've been through.

It's almost as if the Local Authority are trying to compress those that are still going in to an ever smaller space to create an impression of congestion, an impression of dozens of "idiots" that are flouting the guidance.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Is this business of illegally closing public rights of way a Yorkshire phenomenon? The public footpaths and bridleways around here are open, as is the permissive path network around Buck Hill and the Woodbrook valley. I've just been on a bike ride, so going a bit further afield, and didn't notice any closure signs where rights of way meet the road.

But we do have the idiocy of public parks being "closed", although at Beacon Hill Country Park that means closing the car park; there has been no attempt to obstruct any of the pedestrian entrances.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Is this business of illegally closing public rights of way a Yorkshire phenomenon? The public footpaths and bridleways around here are open, as is the permissive path network around Buck Hill and the Woodbrook valley. I've just been on a bike ride, so going a bit further afield, and didn't notice any closure signs where rights of way meet the road.

But we do have the idiocy of public parks being "closed", although at Beacon Hill Country Park that means closing the car park; there has been no attempt to obstruct any of the pedestrian entrances.
    I am sure Anthony you are not suggesting Blackburn is in Yorkshire? Dream on WP...

The Sunday Telegraph has a huge photograph today showing 8 police officers with all the gear,handcuffs...with the legend "A group of police officers patrol through St James's Park, London, as members of the public take their daily exercise allowance".

There is a single member of the public in the photograph
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

there's some issues in Witton itself, and I've seen a few signs out Roddlesworth/Tockholes way trying to block of sections of public footpath.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

8.7 mile, 2:46, 1100ft
    A slightly extended version of the Beamers Trail, which is becoming out staple walk.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Round the local lanes and park on a bike.
    It is eerily quiet.

A friend based in West Cumbria has encountered some.
    Reasonable response to anyone might be:- 'I am taking my daily exercise within the guidelines and on a public right of way. This is lawful and reasonable. You are illegally obstructing the right of way and committing an offence. Please give me your name so I can report the matter to the local authorities'.