Page 47 of 303 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    I am sure Anthony you are not suggesting Blackburn is in Yorkshire? Dream on WP...
    No, carefully distinguishing between the blocking of rights of way on one side of the Pennines, and the closure of parks on the other side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    The Sunday Telegraph has a huge photograph today showing 8 police officers with all the gear,handcuffs...with the legend "A group of police officers patrol through St James's Park, London, as members of the public take their daily exercise allowance".

There is a single member of the public in the photograph
    So the Sunday Telegraph is accusing the Police of violating social distancing guidelines by going out in a group of 8. Did the ST state whether the solitary member of the public reported them to the authorities? [And if so, which authorities could the Police be reported to?]
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

A hard paced walk up the hill behind, gain 1000ft and then jogged back down round the loop, very pleasant and didn't push it on tired legs from yesterday. Excitment of the day was seeing a friend hurtle passed on his bike down the hill.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    that is a disgrace... fair play Mr Brightside, you have much better diplomatic skills than me... i'd be hard pushed not to start swinging for the (metal) fences if someone started dropping veiled threats like that.
    The guy in the VW making the threats did so from the comfort of his cab, never showed any signs of getting out, seemed like mostly hot air, but they were both incredibly verbally abusive.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    I warned you Mr B! This is at the end of Lindley Reservoir. I am completley against this and feel that he is in no danger and just taking the law into his own hands - vigilante action. His land is a tip and his animals are not best treated. I'm keeping away from it to avoid conflict but am totaly against it.
    Yeah, unbelievable.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Nice run today, but too much tarmac. 8.5m/1530'. Out of Otley, through Clifton, over the ridge down to Dobpark Bridge, a punishing little loop up and down Sword Point (50:50 road and wooded footpaths), then back the same way.

I stopped to peruse the signage in Clifton on the way back. One said 'go home', but then said come back later at the bottom of it. How much are people going to want to come back after having been told to go away for minding their own biz on a ROW? This sort of vigilante carrying on always has the same hallmarks; short-term thinking and self centredness. Another little nugget of wisdom said 'locals and key workers only'. So i can go there because i'm a key worker, but the guy who runs Yorkshire Runner can buzz off...presumably. Very little thought gone into how it's all being percieved.

Thankfully there were no nasty interruptions to my run; plenty of rude signage near Dobpark Bridge, but no rude people and actually a fairly nice route under the circumstances.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Master
    13.34 miles, 3573 ft, 3 hours 10 minutes. Across to Silver How and back, via Loughrigg top both ways. Saw 4 other runners, all running alone. Very few other people about, and no cars at all parked at Miller Bridge. All gates sign free and unobstructed. Wore my new Inov8 255's for the first time - lovely shoe if, like me you need a wide forefoot.

Thankfully there were no nasty interruptions to my run; plenty of rude signage near Dobpark Bridge, but no rude people and actually a fairly nice route under the circumstances.

They are all a bit inbred down there. I did a lot of drystone walling for them and met some interesting Characters. Never underestimate the selfishness of the general population.

Today's PDE was a gentle 4 mile evening walk with son and dogs. The only point of interest was that it was bloody freezing. That North Easterly was biting!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    For those concerned about illegal path closures, this is an interesting read from DEFRA
    https://iprow.co.uk/defra-message-to...vid-19-020420/

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    For those concerned about illegal path closures, this is an interesting read from DEFRA
    https://iprow.co.uk/defra-message-to...vid-19-020420/
    "Leave gates as you find them."

I'd best take a Stanley knife and some cable ties with me if I head Tockholes way then
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Read IPROW Facebook page.
    They are following up abuses with landowners.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    "Leave gates as you find them."

I'd best take a Stanley knife and some cable ties with me if I head Tockholes way then