Page 48 of 300 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    "Leave gates as you find them."

I'd best take a Stanley knife and some cable ties with me if I head Tockholes way then
    Careful on that one. As I understand it it's not an offence to remove an obstruction if you come across one but it is illegal to head out with the intent to do so. An anomaly perhaps and I may be mistaken but I think that's the way it is. I suppose it makes sense from one perspective - if you come across it you can remove it, if you know it's there in advance you should report it and let the authorities deal. Whether or not they will could be another matter altogether.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
    Careful on that one. As I understand it it's not an offence to remove an obstruction if you come across one but it is illegal to head out with the intent to do so. An anomaly perhaps and I may be mistaken but I think that's the way it is. I suppose it makes sense from one perspective - if you come across it you can remove it, if you know it's there in advance you should report it and let the authorities deal. Whether or not they will could be another matter altogether.
    What if you don't know in advance but go equipped just in case?

Banned
    Headline

Mad Witton knifeman cuts all ties and opens up public rights of way.

This is a very dangerous situation please do not approach him as he'll be walking at a swift pace.

Contact Brett or Mr Breeze if you see this person.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    What if you don't know in advance but go equipped just in case?
    WP will either have to claim he is a boy scout and always prepared, or just bite his way through.

(Assuming he still has his own teeth).
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 13-04-2020 at 10:42 AM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

No blocked or closed footpaths round here (although out of goodwill i'm staying away from public footpaths through farms).

But one thing i noticed is the insane amount of fly-tipping... there's not much countryside round here, but as soon as there's a mile of rural road, someone comes along and dumps a load of household waste all over it.

Not to mention the jewel in the crown this morning... a pair of shitty boxer shorts discarded on the path in the adjacent council estate.

Coupled with people shouting and insulting you out of their car windows, it's not an entirely idyllic road running experience round here.

Master
    7.79 miles in 74 minutes in the fields around the Galava Roman ruins - cool breeze but lovely in the sun. Wore my Altras - they are so nice on flat terrain.

A couple of the gates had signs on them - here we go I thought - but they were about having dogs on leads and not parking, nothing to do with Covid.

Banned
    8k on bike around St Aidens RSPB reserve.

Cool but nice in the sun. Hardly anyone there😊😊

Banned
    First 6 miler since having corona a month ago.
    Still compromised a bit. Particularly noticed after stopping , had difficulty breathing. Am wiped out
    I’m guessing it will take a couple of months to clear fully,

10.2 miles, 1000 ft, 3:06

Mostly our staple walk again, Billinge Woods - Hoghton Bottoms - Home.

Today from Hoghton Bottoms took a new line climbing out, in profile reminiscent of Aggie's Staircase. A short, steep little bugger.

Hopefully I'll come out of this fit enough to run some of these routes.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Easy ride on the bike, on road today and 70 minutes with plenty of small climbs but nothing ball breaking, for me.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.