Page 49 of 304 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Today's PDE was 4hrs strimming the grass verges and greens in the village. I don't think the council are going to be doing it any time soon.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Walk/run up Beacon Hill, out via Felicity's Wood, back by direct route. No obstructed paths, but the farmers would have every right to get angry at several people I saw wandering across arable fields, apparently with no concept that people are actually trying to grow our food there. I hope that was just an Easter Monday phenomenon, with people who would normally have driven to some tourist honeypot forced to explore their locality instead.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    But one thing i noticed is the insane amount of fly-tipping... there's not much countryside round here, but as soon as there's a mile of rural road, someone comes along and dumps a load of household waste all over it.
    I heard on the radio this morning that there has been a 50% increase in fly tipping. Most councils have shut their recycling centres. It's a not a good excuse in my opinion (just hold on to it) but that's the reason.

To be honest I've not noticed much of an increase round here... it's always been a chronic problem outside of Coventry.

Although I do think tips should/could potentially remain open...

Considering my butchers are still open... which I am glad about as they are superb... but not sure how they're more essential than the various tips around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    I heard on the radio this morning that there has been a 50% increase in fly tipping. Most councils have shut their recycling centres. It's a not a good excuse in my opinion (just hold on to it) but that's the reason.
    They could have left them open.

Down at our local one in Blackburn we are often queueing outside down the road, as many as 10 cars deep. The staff will only allow so many cars in and especially if there's a skip wagon in, then we have to wait as much as 15 minutes.

So if the normally have 12 cars in, why not cut that to 4? Perhaps you could apply for a time slot online?

People are at home, gardening, decorating, even some traders are working.

Fly tipping is awful, but this was entirely predictable.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    9.59 miles, 2730 ft, 2 hours 19 minutes, over and around Loughrigg. Perfect weather again. To the people who left their blue plastic cutlery and their bag of dog mess above the caves - how much trouble would it have been to take it with you?

Banned
    6k on bike encouraging girlfriend xx

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    9.59 miles, 2730 ft, 2 hours 19 minutes, over and around Loughrigg. Perfect weather again. To the people who left their blue plastic cutlery and their bag of dog mess above the caves - how much trouble would it have been to take it with you?
    I never knew there was a cave on loughrigg! Something to look at when things ease up.
    Just a walk today.

Busy work day so got out later with Mrs WP for a fast walk around the Beamers Trail
    7.4 mile, 870ft, 2:09
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    I never knew there was a cave on loughrigg! Something to look at when things ease up.
    Just a walk today.
    There are three. Many childhood adventures in them.