Page 53 of 300 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Probably not the correct thread, but this seems to be the busiest... the Ennerdale Eng Champs race in June has now been cancelled.

It appears that the 2021 English Champs will use the 2020 scheduled races.

9.4 miles, 2:53, 1200ft

A bit of chaos at Witton. Officially it's closed to cars, with the gates opened and closed for funerals to get through to the cemetery.

But as we walked up at the end of our PDE, some cars were parked up.

I thought with the directive as on my last post, that sense had prevailed and the council had reopened the car parks, but when I got to the gates at the top, a funeral director employee was locking the gate behind his party, just as someone was driving up the road to exit.

So it seems someone at a previous funeral has left the gates open.

I think there's going to be some fun
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Jog up round the hill at the back, only a short loop but 850ft straight up, no escape from hills!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Banned
    Really enjoyed my recovery week cycling with my better half. Nice social outings with excellent conversation.
    8k with 125m ascent. Another lovely afternoon.

Master
    9 miles, 2,500 ft, 2 hours 20 minutes, to and around Wansfell Pike. Came across a kissing gate that was tied closed - very annoying - luckily I had been planning on turning around soon anyway. Now if I'd had a knife, would I have cut the tie? I don't think I would have. I did consider climbing over, but that would have involved a lot of contact with surfaces of doubtful cleanliness.

A permitted short drive to Abbey Village (7 min)

Then a route through Roddlesworth, around Turn Lowe and across the Southern end of Darwen Moor to Whitehall, Bold Venture, around to the Royal and back through Roddlesworth.

10.4 mile, 1400ft, 3:01

Nippy up top
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Bike ride northwards, to the Trent at Thrumpton. The Trent has a reputation as an industrial river, but for much of its course it is rural, unspoiled and peaceful. Very few other cyclists around, unlike on other rides on recent weekends.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Little Dave, for those of you that may know him, fell runner frequently seen in pink and other assorted unconventional attire, has been running round and round his house all day. He's somewhere around 27 miles now, according to my Missus on his FB. I think he is bored.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Master
    8 miles, 75 minutes, 617 ft - all on road to Troutbeck Bridge, then Troutbeck, and back to Ambleside. Not a route I would normally do as the first/last sections are usually bumper to bumper traffic. No other runners, a few cyclists, some riding quite close to those on the pavement, despite an empty road.

Todays PDE was a combined 4 miles drive to a local farm this evening get some raw Jersey milk and a 5 miles run with my son on the High Peak Trail which runs near the farm.

Saw only two other people walking across distant fields. Others have reported fewer numbers out today, probably due to the biting North Easterly.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog