Page 75 of 303 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    8.64 miles, 2,149 feet, 1 hour 59 minutes, Wansfell Ridge. Very quiet on the fell, and on the roads/pavements for that matter. Some locals have reported hot spots - Coniston, Rydal Water, but of course people are allowed to day trip.

Following a twinge in the right hamstring after running too fast downhill over rutted ground to escape a herd of cows last weekend all I have done this week is a daily 5 mile walk with the dogs.
    This evening I went out on the bike and managed 31 miles and 2,700 feet out to Earl Sterndale, Biggin, Youlgrave and back home via Bakewell. Surprisingly I saw only 1 other cyclist which I found unusual.
    Cycling through Bakewell I suddenly heard some banging and clapping and realised that it was 8pm and the virtue signallers were out in force.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

A 4 mile run. Doesn't sound much but it was a tentative test of my plantar fascia. No bad reaction yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Cycling through Bakewell I suddenly heard some banging and clapping and realised that it was 8pm and the virtue signallers were out in force.
    You're too modest, they were probably out applauding your efforts. It happened to me a few weeks ago, coming in from a run. I'd never realised I was so appreciated.

Banned
    3 mile walk around 9 holes playing golf.

Master
    7.6 miles, 410 feet, 72 minutes, Roman Ruins/Brathay Church. Jolly windy; remains very quiet.

9.4 miles, 1000ft, 2:42

Beamers Trail extended a little with last 2 mile on the canal. I don't often see waves on the canal but some actually had white tops today akin to tiny breakers

I remarked to my wife that despite all the adult ducks and geese we had passed we'd only seen 3 ducklings. In the last 100 yards we came upon one adult female with 17 ducklings! Then just as we came off the canal another group of 3 adult female ducks had a posse of around 15-20 ducklings.

It's as if all the young had been put in a creche - never seen anything like it before.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Todays exercise was a very breezy 9 miles and 750ft afternoon walk with dogs. Plenty of wild flowers to be seen in Lathkill Dale but surprisingly very few people. No doubt saving themselves for the weekend.

What I did notice on returning home was that at least 3 of the many holiday cottages in the village seem to have occupants. Not sure whats going on there!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Yeah, some of the holiday cottages around here now occupied. Fine by me.

Master
    Bit Breezy early doors splendid resistance training.
    Yep occupied holiday cottages here as well, nothing to do with me though.
    The older I get the Faster I was