Page 76 of 303 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Yeah, some of the holiday cottages around here now occupied. Fine by me.
    I cannot see a problem with holiday cottages being occupied either, other than I thought that we were not allowed to travel and stay overnight!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I cannot see a problem with holiday cottages being occupied either, other than I thought that we were not allowed to travel and stay overnight!

Yes that is the case but it`s getting to look a lot like it depends on who or what you think you are
    The older I get the Faster I was

Went out for an earlyish bike ride this morning to beat the crowds. 45 miles and 4,000ft in just under 3hrs. Very windy, with the odd gust nearly catching me out.
    The highlight of the ride was being chased by a very angry alsatian type dog which broke off from its owner and 6 companions. I was shifting, with a tailwind, when it started running alongside me and I noticed it had a muzzle on which didn't hide its gnashing teeth. In fact it brushed my calf a couple of times it was that close. I dared not stop and fortunately the road started to drop steeply downhill so eventually, after about 400 yds, I was able to drop him.
    The silver lining was that on returning home and downloading my ride onto Strava I found myself with a KOM for that segment.

I was surprised that I only saw 5 other cyclists out but perhaps the wind and forecast showers put them off. I managed to stay dry which was a bonus. The only other thing of interest was that the toilets at Parsley Hay on the High Peak Trail were open which in my view is a sensible move.

Up Simons Seat with my son on my birthday. Up the Valley of Desolation and down the Charlesworth Chase route then back down the river to the car. A bit windy on top, and 25yr olds are fitter and faster than 63yr olds!

Banned
    11k, 18 holes and throughly enjoyed the windy conditions.
    Cracking morning to be out with the lads again.

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I have been chatting with the owner of one of the holiday cottages in the village, who was in the cottage for two weeks during a house move and her furniture was in storage when lockdown started, so has been here ever since!
    She is now able to move house next week.

Even if given the go ahead to offer her cottage for holiday rental she is not going to until next year, for various reasons.
    The most interesting one is that if a client staying for,say a week, develops coronavirus symptoms she will not be able to remove them if they decide to or have to stay longer due to the illness. This will obviously mess up later bookings.
    She also fears that there is the possibility of chancers trying it on by saying they have to self isolate when there is nothing wrong with them in order to get an extended stay. Very difficult to prove either way if they say that they have symptoms. Apparently this has all ready happened in various places.

14.5 miles, 4:26, 1700ft

For Lockdown Day 60 made it a special one. From home to White Coppice, Great Hill, Roddlesworth and home.

It was wild going up Great Hill from Coppice. The summit of Great Hill was the planned butty stop, but the only two sheltered spots were taken, so sought refuge in the ruins at Pimms on the way down to Roddlesworth. A nice spot.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    9 miles, 3,428 feet, 2 hours 25 minutes, Wansfell Ridge. Very blustery at times, and cold - glad I had my waterproofs on. Nobody else seen on the fell. Six cars in the P+D car park at Waterhead - allowed to be there of course - clearly not locals as free parking available within 50 yards.

Master
    12.5 miles, 3,451 feet, 3 hours 18 minutes, Fairfield Horseshoe. Windy, cloudy, drizzly, slippery, but not too cold. Five walkers, five other runners. Two of the walkers asked me the way - might have had mobile phones, but nothing else - dressed for a beer garden in summer.

Another tentative 4 mile run and my plantar fascia has not grumbled. Seems like running is back in the exercise mix. I've enjoyed the cycling but I'm a runner at heart.