Page 8 of 303 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    How about not questioning it and thereby allowing the Police to Police by consent, if youÂ’re making unnecessary journeys the youÂ’re burning fuel, youÂ’ll then have to go to the garage to fuel up at some point sooner than you would otherwise thereby risking others by unnecessary social contact, just do what youÂ’re asked to do,
    So let’s say you don’t drive 2 miles or so to a local trail. If you live in a town or city and run from your house, you will be coming across far more people than you would at the petrol station from filling up slightly earlier.

You say do what you’re asked to do but that still isn’t clear to me. The latest guidance still doesn’t seem to prohibit going in your car. It says you should stay local and use open spaces near to your home. If you are only driving a couple of miles aren’t you staying locally?

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    With respect DTR, I am obliged to question: can you answer it?

Is my pattern of drive to shop , and run close to there ok? Even though the far point is 5 miles?

Whilst reasonable , I have no idea whether it is considered compliant, or what else I am supposed to do?

The world is grey, not black and white for some of our situations.
    I’m shopping once a week, running from home and doing nothing else, it isn’t up to me but I do know that the chasing of others who aren’t following the spirit of the ‘rules’ is causing the Police endless hassle, I do agree that what can and can’t be done hasn’t been put across clearly and needs clarifying by the government

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    So let’s say you don’t drive 2 miles or so to a local trail. If you live in a town or city and run from your house, you will be coming across far more people than you would at the petrol station from filling up slightly earlier.

You say do what you’re asked to do but that still isn’t clear to me. The latest guidance still doesn’t seem to prohibit going in your car. It says you should stay local and use open spaces near to your home. If you are only driving a couple of miles aren’t you staying locally?
    Cumbria Police are telling people that travelling in a car to exercise away from home is not acceptable, surely better that we follow the guidance so that we can do limited things than being totally locked down and unable to do anything

Banned
    I’m shopping once a week, running from home and doing nothing else, it isn’t up to me but I do know that the chasing of others who aren’t following the spirit of the ‘rules’ is causing the Police endless hassle, I do agree that what can and can’t be done hasn’t been put across clearly and needs clarifying by the government
    I run 3 times a week and shop three time’s a week, because I can only buy milk one container a time.
    ( I can’t see how that rule helps)
    I run when I shop. I’ve also been shopping for neighbours on lock down. I drive one extra mile to run when already in the car for shopping.
    Last edited by Oracle; 28-03-2020 at 12:21 PM.

I run 3 times a week and shop three time’s a week, because I can only buy milk one container a time.
    ( I can’t see how that rule helps)
    I run when I shop. I’ve also been shopping for neighbours on lock down. I drive one extra mile to run when already in the car for shopping.
    I agree there it’s hard with restrictions on what you can buy, three of us in the house, all vegetarians, we drink enough milk to warrant having our own cow but we’re having to manage, I noticed that one of the local farms had put a sign up on the footpath through their land saying footpath closed and people should respect this, the Police are taking the pragmatic approach and are only using the heavy hand if people don’t listen. I do dread to think what would happen if we had another major Foot and Mouth outbreak, the Lake District is a very different place now to what it was 20 years ago with far greater visitor numbers, and as recent events have shown, most who would give a toss if we had an outbreak.

Banned
    One of the ironies of foot and mouth is how farmers would rant at ramblers to obey the code, and blame them, whilst they were the main cause of propagation with hundreds of illegal animal movements at night. So unless farmers have changed their ways, the ramblers would not make a jot of differences.

Ps we are veggies, and normally use milk by the gallon.

I agree there it’s hard with restrictions on what you can buy, three of us in the house, all vegetarians, we drink enough milk to warrant having our own cow but we’re having to manage, I noticed that one of the local farms had put a sign up on the footpath through their land saying footpath closed and people should respect this, the Police are taking the pragmatic approach and are only using the heavy hand if people don’t listen. I do dread to think what would happen if we had another major Foot and Mouth outbreak, the Lake District is a very different place now to what it was 20 years ago with far greater visitor numbers, and as recent events have shown, most who would give a toss if we had an outbreak.

One of the ironies of foot and mouth is how farmers would rant at ramblers to obey the code, and blame them, whilst they were the main cause of propagation with hundreds of illegal animal movements at night. So unless farmers have changed their ways, the ramblers would not make a jot of differences.

Ps we are veggies, and normally use milk by the gallon.
    Knocking on 4 pints a day for us normally, having porridge with water now and to be honest not really enjoying it but needs must

Banned
    We have been on almond milk for 2 year and its helped my cholesterol.

Today I have no reason to leave my home to will be stopping in all day.

Making stew for the freezer to limit shopping trips.

Mrs DTR has Almond milk, not really a fan but probably just need to try a bit harder to like it

I drink raw jersey milk that I pick up from a farm 4 miles away. I very rarely made a special journey but usually picked it up either on the way to or returning from taking my son to his swimming sessions in Buxton.
    Those have obviously stopped.
    On such visits I occasionally chatted to a Sikh bloke who made weekly visits from Derby and picked up a carload of the stuff for his family and friends, a round trip of about 60 miles.
    I've no idea if he is still going.
    Am I allowed to divert a few miles to go there on the way from my Aldi shop?

I'd like to continue to support the farmer, and as I understand it, due to the status of raw milk it cannot be sold in shops and only from the farm gate.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog