Page 92 of 300 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    Thanks Derby Tup.

I do feel a bit lonely on this thread at times.

Today's effort: 9.3 miles, 840 feet, 1 hour 28 minutes. Drunken Duck/Outgate Inn figure of 8. Perfect running temperature, but chilly for July. Last week the Duck smelt of beer, this week of food - they must be opening soon. The Outgate Inn is already open.

Banned
    4 rounds of golf this week. Averaging 9k walked per day over the last 7 day's.

7 miles, 2,200 feet on the Waun Fach race route.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Master
    14.74 miles, 4,406 feet, 4 hours 10 minutes: Fairfield Horseshoe, plus Grisedale Tarn and Cofa Pike. Cold breeze, nowhere near as much sun as forecast, but good running weather. Lots of runners/walkers about. The bracken below Low Pike now limits route choice.

Master
    I Don`t do manual logging I just leave it to Garmin connect, and very occasionally I will have a look to see what I have done so yesterday I did and it confirmed I have had a Disappointing year to date :-

Since March 23rd Lockdown start, 110 days, I have covered 1281,38 miles and Ascended 121,900 ft.

Well at least having had a look it has prompted me to get out an do more, will post up any progress when I next have a look to see what I have done off out now.

Well done you guys that keep posting
    Last edited by JohnK; 12-07-2020 at 08:31 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Walk with Mrs WP today.

Up the canal, towards Chorley and about 3 miles in bumped in to Dave Waywell and Kath Hoyer from Wesham who some of you may know. They were out on a walk trying to escape the busier Blackpool area.

Over to Brinscall then Abbey Village where we stopped for a fish & chip lunch at the Hare & Hounds. Through Roddlesworth to Tockholes and a pint at the Rock Inn before heading home.

5:31:45, 12.80 miles, 850ft - moving time was 3:56
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Thanks Derby Tup.

I do feel a bit lonely on this thread at times.

Today's effort: 9.3 miles, 840 feet, 1 hour 28 minutes. Drunken Duck/Outgate Inn figure of 8. Perfect running temperature, but chilly for July. Last week the Duck smelt of beer, this week of food - they must be opening soon. The Outgate Inn is already open.
    I tend to put walks on here and runs on the Today's Training. If it's a hill run, it goes on DT's thread as well.
    So I don't want you to feel alone on the thread Mike - I just haven't done as much walking since the other have went back to work.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I tend to put walks on here and runs on the Today's Training. If it's a hill run, it goes on DT's thread as well.
    So I don't want you to feel alone on the thread Mike - I just haven't done as much walking since the other have went back to work.
    According to WP's practice of reporting walks here and runs on the Today's Training thread, I should put alternate words of today's post on this thread and Today's Training. But that would make it difficult to read, so here goes.

Went out to do Buck Hill and the Outwoods, which should take around 40 minutes. But I had been out for a bike ride yesterday -- no more than 30 miles, including some off-road and a stop to mend a puncture -- and it seems to have left me drained today. Started walking within 200 metres, and then alternated running and walking for the rest of the route. Didn't do Buck Hill, but went up a couple of steep trods in the Outwoods which I don't use on any of my usual running routes; one of them is sufficiently steep that I wouldn't have been able to run all the way up even 20 years ago.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    According to WP's practice of reporting walks here and runs on the Today's Training thread, I should put alternate words of today's post on this thread and Today's Training. But that would make it difficult to read, so here goes.

Went out to do Buck Hill and the Outwoods, which should take around 40 minutes. But I had been out for a bike ride yesterday -- no more than 30 miles, including some off-road and a stop to mend a puncture -- and it seems to have left me drained today. Started walking within 200 metres, and then alternated running and walking for the rest of the route. Didn't do Buck Hill, but went up a couple of steep trods in the Outwoods which I don't use on any of my usual running routes; one of them is sufficiently steep that I wouldn't have been able to run all the way up even 20 years ago.
    I'm only setting out what I do - not advocating how other should
    As many of the my training and races involves walking anyway, a run/walk is almost certainly training for me
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

Master
    6.5 miles, 325 feet, 61 minutes: around the quieter streets of Ambleside - a relative concept. Lots of road crossings to avoid groups.