Page 94 of 304 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Master
    6.37 miles, 2,070 feet, 1 hour 44 minutes: Wansfell Ridge, without the warm-up lap of Ambleside. Busy generally. Ground still sodden; overcast at first, but cleared up to become quite warm.

Longish walk with Mrs WP.
    13.09 miles, 1600ft, 3:52
    Cross country to Abbey Village, Roddlesworth, Cartridge Hill, Donkey Brew, Tockholes, home.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    14.92 miles, 4,341 feet, 4 hours 15 minutes: Fairfield Horseshoe, with Grisedale Tarn and Cofa Pike. Cold breeze on the tops, but still ok with just a vest. Busy, both on the fells and in town.

Banned
    Averaging 9k per day since golfing has been back on.

Master
    6.34 miles, 600 feet, 64 minutes: Drunken Duck loop. Busiest - cars and walkers - these minor roads have been, but still acceptable. If only people would move over without being asked - it is as if Covid never was.

Master
    My Garmin died overnight - ordered a new one - so a rest day - brief walk to Waterhead - park/pub beer gardens not quite heaving, but busiest I have seen them this year.

Master
    11.61 miles, 1,227 feet, 1 hour 55 minutes - Drunken Duck/Outgate figure of 8. Drizzle/mizzle throughout, but not cold. New Garmin does so much - took me half an hour to work out how to start an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    11.61 miles, 1,227 feet, 1 hour 55 minutes - Drunken Duck/Outgate figure of 8. Drizzle/mizzle throughout, but not cold. New Garmin does so much - took me half an hour to work out how to start an activity.
    I recently got my first ever GPS watch (kindly free from an occasional forumite)... once i'd spent half hour learning the basics i was fairly confident that was all i wanted from it (distance, time, pace, average pace).

But i've started reviewing my sessions on the Movescount app/programme (i guess it's the Sunto version of Strava) and some of the stuff you can do is amazing... i'm certainly not getting into progress measurement, recovery measurement, or anything like that (and i'll never be on Strava!!!).... but for self-analysis of a session it's a goldmine of info.

For instance i can zoom into each rep on a session, look at my exact pace at each point throughout, then reference those exact points of the rep on a map. Compare each rep and notice where i'm needing to change things (usually starting too quickly!)

This is probably bread-and-butter stuff to seasoned gps users, but to me it's fascinating!

Addictive stuff!
    Last edited by Travs; 22-07-2020 at 05:25 PM.

Super Moderator
    Been out for a walk including bits of various Woodentops productions, YORM, Haworth Hobble and Wadsworth Trog. 11.4 miles / 1,400 ft according to Strava. Busy at Top Withins but nice and quiet up across the watershed
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Master
    Wansfell Ridge - Garmin is down world-wide, but it will be something like 7.6 miles, 2,100 feet, 1 hour 55 minutes. Ground is sodden and very slippery, drizzle throughout but for the last 15 minutes. Only 5 on the hill - "bad" weather certainly keeps the numbers down.