Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing running style

That’s all really interesting stuff. I’m consistently amazed at the power of the mind over the body.

There seems to be some evidence for taping the glutes to improve activation as well. So I might look into that as well

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    That’s all really interesting stuff. I’m consistently amazed at the power of the mind over the body.
    I was too. Injuries that had screwed me for years disappeared in 6 months, my legs suddenly became a lot stronger and i went from finishing races in the middle third to the first third.

Something else i started to take more seriously was practicing unconditional love and forgiveness. This is a major stumbling block for anyone increasing the power of their mind because it means living a life with no duality. Your ego, which straddles the conscious and subconscious, likes duality because it's inherently arrogant and wants to be right; it's vain, childlike and loves a righteous quest. The downside is that your body is constantly dropping in and out of the fight/flight response all the time, under which circumstances it will divert resources away from tissue repair and regeneration.

For the last 2 years i've been back in the depression boat again and i generally hate the world half of the time. This is plenty enough to slowly bring back old problems and i now have persistent articular cartilage problems in my right knee as a result of my letting myself down. The path to total discipline and maximum performance can be incredibly difficult, knowing it and walking it are two completely different things.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

So one thing I’ve noticed is how stress based my pain reception is. If I’m stressed and worried I feel the injury much more. I ran for 15minutes today, with only the slightest twinge, 3hours later when I began to stress and worry about missed training, not being where I wanted to be with my running, feeling like when I come to race later in the year I will be embarrassed by my lack of ability etc the pain in my sit bone was there constantly. I’ve since calmed down and the pain has subsided. I think having this chronic injury has really messed my head up, and I’ve created this really screwed up feedback loop in my brain