Thread: Bursitis - Inner Knee

Bursitis - Inner Knee

Been struggling with this for about a year now. Just wondered if anyone else has & how they treated it? I know you can get injections or the fluid drawn out, but would like to avoid that. I’ve simply been doing the stupid male, fell runner, thing of pretending it’s not there & carrying on regardless. The internet seems to suggest that the only possible problem could be if the fluid gets infected? It generally eases off when running, then I pay for it later when sitting down or getting up in the morning. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hi Jez,
    Difficult one if it is actually a bursitis... How has this been diagnosed?
    Happy to help if you want to discuss this further.
    Thanks, Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    Been struggling with this for about a year now. Just wondered if anyone else has & how they treated it? I know you can get injections or the fluid drawn out, but would like to avoid that. I’ve simply been doing the stupid male, fell runner, thing of pretending it’s not there & carrying on regardless. The internet seems to suggest that the only possible problem could be if the fluid gets infected? It generally eases off when running, then I pay for it later when sitting down or getting up in the morning. Any advice greatly appreciated.
    Are you on about the Goosefoot Tendon bursa? There are a lot of stability muscles all converging in that area, my suggestion would be a muscle recruitment problem, but as for the underlying cause...god knows! You may have a stability issue around the pelvis, i do, and when it gets the better of me i go to a chiropractor. Your legs compensate for abnormalities in pelvic movement i'm told. Running will bugger it, popping the tendon back and forth over a swollen bursa is bad.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Master
    Which bursa?

thanks for the advice gents. It’s inner left bursa and, I hate to admit, self diagnosed. I tick all the symptom boxes. Mr B, stability issue sounds spot on actually as I struggle to make quick turns when descending. Tripped over my wife’s balance ball yesterday & couldn’t stop myself falling, the knee just went. I was left in a groaning heap on the floor. It does wear off eventually. And strangely eases a little after a mile or so of running.
    Thanks Luke, I may pm you later on, if that’s ok.
    I know it’s a completely stupid thing to do, running through an injury, but I struggle a bit, mentally, when not running. Like most of us I assume.

Thanks Mike. This looks great. ��