Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ex Corona and running?

I was rough over the new year period, feeling of flu, plus a cough which kept me awake for a number of nights, unlike any cough I’ve had before as there was nothing to ‘cough out’ I was in the office at New Year and felt rough enough to not go near anyone or shake anyone’s hand as I didn’t want to pass on whatever it was that I had, as I recall I didn’t run for 2-3 weeks which is unusual for me.

I recall there being one of those situations where everyone is ill, late in last year... some kind of norovirus was what everyone seemed to think it was... one or two people in my office were in dire straits... in fact one of the directors who was ill at the time has recently been confirmed as having Corona (has thankfully recovered)

Well, we went off on holiday to the Outer Hebrides 3 weeks ago. Had a night in Oban - including visiting Spoons, supermarket and i did a Parkrun. We went across the Minch on the roughest crossing I have ever endured. On our 6th day on Barra my wife developed a slight 'cold', which didn't affect our activities on North Uist, where we went for the second week. Last Saturday as we were driving back I thought I had picked up her cold. Both tested when we got home and we had got Covid!
    My wife was hardly ill, but I have been feeling really rough all week and am still not better - though improving. First time for both of us, I knew we would inevitably catch it.
    Not run since and am supposed to be doing Ilkley 1/2 marathon next weekend. ( I know - a road race, but its local and I've never done it) Was hoping to go under 2 hours, but probably will not bother toeing the line - £30 down the swanee. Ho Hum.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Well slightly jealous of your holiday (but at least I'm off to Mull and Skye in a few weeks) but had a similar situation on our Easter holiday in Wales. I had what I thought was my usual hay fever but MrsS went down with a sore throat etc. When we got home, we tested and were both positive. However, we were clear a couple of days later and the following weekend did the the great Birmingham run. Not sure how or when we got infected but I guess you never do. Other than a couple of co-op visits, we generally keep ourselves to ourselves and in the campervan, contact with others is minimal.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

I've been off running for three weeks now with COVID. Two weeks of feeling ill and off work; last week still feeling tired and needing early nights and the odd nap. This is the third time I've had covid, and I'm resigned to the fact that it's going to take at least another few weeks of recovery. At the moment, a 10 minute stroll tires me out.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I've been off running for three weeks now with COVID. Two weeks of feeling ill and off work; last week still feeling tired and needing early nights and the odd nap. This is the third time I've had covid, and I'm resigned to the fact that it's going to take at least another few weeks of recovery. At the moment, a 10 minute stroll tires me out.
    Covid three times sounds like some seriously bad luck. I hope you get back to full fitness soon but, as you clearly realise, this can't be rushed.

I have managed to avoid Covid completely; or maybe, as one friend has suggested, I have had it at least once but remained asymptomatic.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Well, Covid has finally got me. So that is Arenig Fawr and possibly the Brecon Beacons on the 30th out the window!

From where it came I do not know. I was sat outside The Lathkil Hotel on Tuesday evening when a troop of Morris Dancers turned up, so I'm blaming them and their snotty handkerchiefs. I've always thought Morris Dancing a bit dodgy.

Have had a headache for a couple of days but I put that down to a bit of dehydration having raced Peak Forest on Sunday and the 14 mile Hamps Way on Monday, both in this heat. Today the throat is a bit sore and I feel a bit lethargic so I did a test and Bingo.

Some rest in front of the telly watching the Tour is my medicine of choice!

Hopefully I will be negative for my Sweeping Duties at Sheldon next Thursday.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 14-07-2022 at 07:07 PM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I hope you're feeling better soon Llani. Take it steady when you're feeling better. I'm still post-viral fatigued after my bout a few weeks ago.

Thanks Noel.

Feeling shite today.

At the moment it doesn't feel as if I'll ever get better!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Best wishes for a swift recovery. It is a miserable virus isn't it.