Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it possible

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Even though I get my butt kick for being a public sector worker. Ha ha ha
    It really isnt personal stagger. You are a fine upstanding gentleman.

If anyone has noticed a pattern to my posts, is that primarily I respond to those who criticise others, or those who I see as being selfish. I dont't see many who can afford to throw stones in this glass house world of ours. Stone throwing at those with impossible choices, like Boris, seems to be the national sport.

The problem is of course we all see the world through our own unique experience of it.

Take Doctors are extremely critical of everyone else,even when they disagree with each other. The astronomic cost of negligence claims against the NHS proves they are far from infallible. I balance it up a bit.
    They complain about underfunding of NHS, but with the back story of retiring early on unaffordable pensions. So on. Nurses complain about training costs, whilst far too many take the public funded training of old, and sell it back to the NHS at contractor rates, many having already retired. Too many are creaming public services, that then complain it is underfunded.

The complaints about so called austerity are always made by beneficiaries of the state , never the payers for it. Those who scream tax avoider are primarily those who pay no or little tax, or indeed like MPs take out more than they put in!

The "frugal group" of rich northern nations in the EU complain about the "feckless group" in the south, but there is no doubt the policies of the Eurozone benefit the rich states in a one way traffic.

Teachers in closing schools seem to have little regard for the future of pupils, it is all about them.

It was very refreshing to see a programme about the loo roll factory last night. For them closure was never a consideration. It was doing what they reasonably could to make the show go on.

I think a lot of the response to covid has been selfishness in the extreme.
    From EU states showing it is every country for itself, not helping the worse off states.
    To the abuse of those in country locations dished out to those wishing to share it with them.

And as I pointed out, we would all have starved if the business supply chains had taken the attitude some public sector bodies have. From pensions regulators to city dumps, schools to local authority services.

My own lefty MP who seems to want to be father christmas has repeatedly stated "we" meaning the taxpayer must fund yet another freebie to NHS or public sector whilst MPs are taking a pay rise, and repeatedly attacking "greedy" business and "shareholders" for making staff cuts who are in financial intensive care from COVID. Perhaps if we all used the phrase "ordinary pension saver" in place of shareholder, maybe the "Public sector good, private sector evil" rhetoric would balance up.

I have asked - several times - what my MP has personally given to support local causes. The answer is nothing, apart from accept the pay rise and "grants" for additonal "costs".
    Helping the community financially seems to fall to the rest of us, many of whom got hammered by COVID, but accept their duty to neighbour none the less and have been propping various parts up financially in our own small way.

I much prefer the press and attitude in my other country Portugal. The news is just that: told without motive of undermining the government. It is not endless criticism and gotchas of a rabid press. They accept the PPE problem as just one of those things. I much prefer it.
    Last edited by Oracle; 26-05-2020 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    I like that! I'm bored and dsagree with Oracle and Witton Parks views and monopolisation of what should be a Fell Runners Forum, but can't be bothered to respond to them.
    You could try "Today's Training". I'm almost monopolising that at the moment. It's like the Travs and WP show
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell