Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: All lives matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    and there are 9 (nine!) options for your sex...!
    so few? A rare thing these days.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I still don't understand what happened to the county system in the UK...
    I think due to Lancashire constantly mullering the Tyles at Inter Counties events, the Tykes adopted a long march policy and managed to get Lancashire broken in to bits.
    We lost elements to Merseyside, GM and Cumbria but eeek beshrew me, Yorskshire remained intact.

We should reclaim up to the Three Shires stone, although to be frank the Scousers and Mancs can keep themselves to themselves
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Lucky you. Losing Merseyside.

Banned
    We keep trying to lose humberside (codheads) but they keep coming back.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I think due to Lancashire constantly mullering the Tyles at Inter Counties events, the Tykes adopted a long march policy and managed to get Lancashire broken in to bits.
    We lost elements to Merseyside, GM and Cumbria but eeek beshrew me, Yorskshire remained intact.
    No, Yorkshire lots bits in 1974 as well, to Humberside, Cleveland, Cumbria and Durham. I presume Yorkshre folk weren't too upset at losing Hull and Middlesbrough, but Sedbergh is rather nice, and it must have been upsetting to lose their highest hill (Mickle Fell). The reason the Yorkshire Dales National Park boundary was drawn across the middle of the Howgills was to follow the old county boundary.

Meanwhile, following a more recent local government reorganisation in my part of the country, we now have a county with a hole in the middle: Leicester is no longer a part of Leicestershire. Unfortunately coronaviruses don't recognise silly boundaries, so the local lockdown has had to include bits of the county as well as the city.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post

We should reclaim up to the Three Shires stone, although to be frank the Scousers and Mancs can keep themselves to themselves
    And the Scottish boundary should return to Dunmail. I'd get my bus pass then instead of having another 4 years to wait. Plus wee Nicola seems to talk a lot more coherent sense than Boris. And I live in Westmorland, not Cumbria.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    No, Yorkshire lots bits in 1974 as well, to Humberside, Cleveland, Cumbria and Durham.
    And to Lancashire too. Barnoldswick and surrounding areas used to belong to the old West Riding. Bet they were gutted!

There are still residents in Dent who are in total denial as to their new county of residence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
    Plus wee Nicola seems to talk a lot more coherent sense than Boris.
    But if Boris spoke more sense she'd happily speak nonsense, just to be different
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 02-07-2020 at 09:48 AM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
    And the Scottish boundary should return to Dunmail. I'd get my bus pass then instead of having another 4 years to wait. Plus wee Nicola seems to talk a lot more coherent sense than Boris. And I live in Westmorland, not Cumbria.
    We need independence. Click. ( despite the fact it would bankrupt Scotland)
    We need independence. Click. ( despite the fact Scotland relies on English taxpayer money)
    We need independence. Click. ( despite the fact her deficit makes her a pariah state , that could not join EU if it wanted,
    We need independence click.
    Sorry guv, scratched the record. Click.
    She never says anything else!

One thing sturgeon does not do is coherent sense.
    She does A good line in bus passes paid by English tax.

So in good Yorkshireese mark : owts for nowt.