Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: All lives matter.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Isn’t the issue the use of “Muslim” as a descriptor. There are plenty of non Muslims not taking it seriously. The fact they are Muslim isn’t actually important, it’s just a lazy descriptor for a group of people. It’s like using “Christian” auto describe those in America refusing to wear masks.
    I agree with that, possibly many others (non Muslim) are at fault there, I don't know the local problem. But is he actually racist or just plain wrong and not seeing a wider picture?
    If there is a local problem with a certain ethnic group, how on earth can anyone (especially in the wide political world) mention them specifically without the racist finger being pointed at them? It is like walking on egg shells.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    But is he actually racist or just plain wrong and not seeing a wider picture?
    or is he correct? Your inference is that he must be incorrect in what he says.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Funny how it's always OK to use whole ethnic group descriptions and say the reverse, when claiming to be victims, for example, "black people(BAME) are the victims of racism - direct or systemic or unconscious'. Really? Always? Some? A few? All over the world? Never also the possible perpetrators of racism themselves?

There's no possibility of trying to be be rational on the question of race/BLM currently, as these issues have quasi-religious like traits and religion (no offence) doesn't claim to be rational. So, if you utter, or show even an inkling that you don't agree or question the 'belief', you'll be hounded down as a 'heretic' who needs to be burnt at the stake. If not only to stop you thinking/saying anything potentially undermining of the religion, but also to allow the virtue-signalling accusers to avoid or stave off their own culpability (for now!).
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    or is he correct? Your inference is that he must be incorrect in what he says.
    Not at all, I have no idea if he is right or wrong as I've never been near the place. But I do think he is probably either right or wrong in his statement, but not racist.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Not at all, I have no idea if he is right or wrong as I've never been near the place. But I do think he is probably either right or wrong in his statement, but not racist.
    Unfortunately, asking whether something is 'right' or 'wrong' is, in itself, now construed as possibly racist. That reasoning is linked to the claim that MATHS IS NOW RACIST. Afterall, 'who gets to decide if something is right or wrong?....'

https://www.hoover.org/research/seat...-behindseattle

and

https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/21/s...ath-is-racist/

etc. - this won't end well!
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    MATHS IS NOW RACIST.
    a social construct of the heterosexual white male dominated world.

2+2 can equally whatever you want it to.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Unfortunately, asking whether something is 'right' or 'wrong' is, in itself, now construed as possibly racist. That reasoning is linked to the claim that MATHS IS NOW RACIST. Afterall, 'who gets to decide if something is right or wrong?....'

and

https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/21/s...ath-is-racist/

etc. - this won't end well!
    Yeah, sure Maths is racist. It's a plot by those Muslim Arabs to take over the world. First they made us use their numerals, then they got us doing algebra (Al-jabr) and using algorithms (from Al-Khwarizmi).
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Live the suggestion that children should be taught how aborigines count ( as an alternative to 1,2,3 etc ) I think we should lobby for Yorkshire shepherd system, Yan, tan, tether etc. Or go back to Rome numerals, you've never lived until you try multiplying those! Honestly, who comes up with this tripe, Maths can only be used as a tool of oppression if I understand it and you don't!

From

"Just how bad is CaliforniaÂ’s student math performance? You can judge for yourself, based on the following question that was asked to 11th graders: Add the square root of 16 and the third root of 8.
    The square root of 16 is 4 (4 x 4) and the third root of 8 is 2 (2 x 2 x 2). Four plus two is six. Doable for a 17-year old who has been taking mathematics, yes?"

I would like to think that when I was a 17 year old who had been taking mathematics I would have given a more complete answer to this question.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gej View Post
    From

"Just how bad is CaliforniaÂ’s student math performance? You can judge for yourself, based on the following question that was asked to 11th graders: Add the square root of 16 and the third root of 8.
    The square root of 16 is 4 (4 x 4) and the third root of 8 is 2 (2 x 2 x 2). Four plus two is six. Doable for a 17-year old who has been taking mathematics, yes?"

I would like to think that when I was a 17 year old who had been taking mathematics I would have given a more complete answer to this question.
    Land Rover (4x4)